Rockport V82773 Womens Total Motion Adelyn Ghillie Ballet Flat
As a pastor’s daughter and granddaughter, I know church. Many people have visited a church on a Sunday morning for worship or maybe even on Wednesday evening for Bible Study. But during those other days of the week, other business is going on, trust and believe that. And many times, a church is struggling with growing its membership, developing a strong church and putting in place visionary leadership. When my father retired as the pastor of my church after 38 years in 2017, our church has been in this place because we’re in a new phase of the church. So when I got the chance to interview Pastor Olu Brown, I was excited to do so. Below is his bio.
Olujimi (Olu) Brown is the father of Daya Elom Brown and Langston Wesley Brown. Olu is a native of Lufkin, Texas. He graduated from Jarvis Christian College in Hawkins, Texas and earned a Master of Divinity degree from Gammon Theological Seminary of the Interdenominational Theological Center in Atlanta, Georgia.
He serves as the Lead Pastor of Impact Church, a young congregation in the East Point community of Metropolitan Atlanta (impactdcd.org). With Olu’s vision and leadership, since its founding in 2007, Impact has grown from a core team of 25 people to more than 2,400 attendees each Sunday in person and 1,600 online with a $4M budget, and listed at number 5 in the 25 Fastest Growing Large United Methodists Churches, 2018 Edition.
Olu strongly believes in an active church, one that makes a meaningful impact in the lives of individuals and communities. Impact is a multicultural community committed to Doing Church Differently™. Impact DCD redefines the church experience through inclusiveness, relatable messages, energetic weekly gatherings, unique events and activities, relevant youth programs and community outreach. The people of Impact are compelled to help bring healing, justice and compassion to the world.
Pastor Brown wrote about church management and leadership in his latest books The Flexx Leather Flats Pom Pom Rose Gold 7.5M NEW A307025and Leadership Directions from Moses: On the Way to a Promised Land. Below is my interview with him about these books.
1. Why did you feel the need to write “4D Impact: Smash Barriers Like a Smart Church?” Were you approached to write this book?
- Bottes à talons model 63357 Inello - Matter - Shoes
- Ariat Women's Round Up Walyon Old West Boot Square Toe - 10021586
- NEW ARRIVAL - FINN COMFORT-GERMANY,LEATHER Boots, 6 1/2 - 7 US Ladies , P-WB-08
- NEW 3.1 PHILLIP LIM WOMENS DRUM SUEDE CHELSEA BOOT
- New Rock MR022 - Engineer Boots Gothic Streetfighter Style Biker Leather Zipper
- Reebok Womens Classic Flexweave Trainers, Black BlackChalkPale PinkChalk Pi
- Mr/Ms NEW Zazou Spirit Nude Pump Beige Good design stable quality International big name
- Dr. SCHOLL'S ORIGINAL Excercise Wooden 'Pescura Heel' Slides Shoes
- Enzo Angiolini Womens libelle Closed Toe Loafers
- GIORGIO ARMANI Shoes 564891 Black 35
- Bogs Women's Amanda Plush Boot Eggplant Slip-Resistant (Non-Skid)
- Bruno Magli Womens 'Vitello Rubber' Loafer Shoe, Marrone, US 5.5
- ISABELLA FIORE Floral Wedge Heels Sandals Size 8 Made In Italy Brown Tan NWT
- Nina New york BRYNLEE Black Pointy Toe Glittery Kitten Heels 4322 Size 9 M NEW!
- Gentleman/Lady CLEARLY-426 Practical and economical Modern and stylish fashion Famous store
- Christian Dior Miss Dior sz 39 Tan Patent Leather Peep Toe High Heel Pumps ITALY
- Dior Black Leather Floral Applique "Fusion" Slip On Sneakers SZ 38
- Custom Fashion Warm Unisex Pokemon Snow Boots Warm Soft Shoes
- Red Wing Vasque 7534 Skywalk Italy Gore-Tex Hiking Trail Boots Women's US 8
- Frye & Co Womens Sarah Shortie Boots Black Suede Leather Size 7 M
- Bally Ladies Long Boots Ribbon Leather Black Notation 35 1/2 Reference Size 22.5
- La Canadienne Katia Brown Suede Women's Heel Knee High Waterproof Boots Size 9 M
- Swedish Hasbeens Classic Slip On Size 39
- $695 NIB Authentic Polo RALPH LAUREN Helma Black Burnished Calf Boots,Sz 8,Spain
- FLASH SALE!! Christian Louboutin Flo Spikes 120 Holographic Pumps Euro 36
- Hot Sale Ankle Buckle High Wedge Heel Summer Womens Sandal Shoes Casual Date New
- Ladies Rockport Cobb Hill Rubey T Strap Tan Sandal CH0076
- Valentino Garavani Rockstud Jelly Thong Pink PVC Sandal Size 37 100% AUTHENTIC
- Men's/Women's nike air max durable Strong value Caramel, gentle
- adidas Men's Terrex Climacool Jawpaw II Slip On Water Shoe
- Fila Size 10 WESTMOUNT Grey Black Red Leather Hiking Sneakers New Mens Shoes
- Nike Air Max BW Ultra BR Mens Running Training Black Anthracite Sz 10 833344-001
- Gentlemen/Ladies Mens Merrell Waterproof Walking Trainers Terramorph Quality queen New style Great choice
- Men's/Women's Nike Air Huarache - 318429 202 New market Orders are welcome Preferred boutique
- NIKE SIGNATURE [PAUL GEORGE] PG 2 TS WHITE/MULTI-COLOR MEN'S 10 [AJ5163 100]
- ADIDAS MEN'S NMD NOMAD CQ0758 CHALK WHITE TRACE CARGO 100% AUTHENTIC
- NIB Adidas Ultra Boost 4.0 Cookies and Cream, Size 8.5 Sold Out Ltd Ed
- SUNCHAGO Workman Factory Boot UES Men's Moccasin Shoes Handmade size JP 26
- Gentleman/Lady Kangaroo Boots Size 9 Various styles New products in 2018 Exquisite (processing) processing
- Stacy Adams size 12M Black Loafers 24611-001 slip on shoes
- Reebok Print Athlux Weave BS7544 Running Shoes Men
- NEW Puma CELL MEIO METALLIC CROC Men's Shoes Size 8.5
- Cool Mens Patent Leather Wing Tip Gold Sliver Bling Party Dress Shoes Metal Toe
- Gentlemen/Ladies Steve Madden Renew Loafers GREY 12M New product Optimal price Don't worry when shopping
- WOMEN'S NIKE ZOOM ELITE+ SHOES SIZE 10.5 stealth white purple volt 487973 015
- Nike Womens Dart 11 Run Shoes 724477-400 Gry/Pnk/Wht
- NEW Nike Cassic Cortez Se (902856-012) Anthracite Women's Size 10
- NEW IN BOX MIZUNO Wave Paradox 2 US 8 D//Green/Silver/White
- Gentlemen/Ladies Trotters Women's Liz White Durable service New design Very good classification
- ASICS GEL-Kenun Knit MX - Women's Birch/Birch 2A025200
- Catherine Malandrino Birdie Faux Fur Lined Wedge Bootie - Black-Black Size US 9
- Daya by Zendaya Women's Najah Ankle Boot, Wine, 9 Medium US
- Authentic Nike Air Huarache City Black Photo Blue Orange Peel Women size 6-10
- Steve Madden FRENCHEY Womens Frenchey Boot- Choose SZ/Color.
- Merrell J75214 Yarra Suede Insulated Waterproof Boot Bitter Chocolate Womens 7.5
- New Women's Cushe Waterproof Allpine Cone Suede Boots Shoes SZ US 6 7
- NEW! SMALL BATCH Bean Boots by L.L.Bean Rubber Moc •NAVY/LT BLUE• Women's 7
- Women Roman Stilettos Heel Over The Knee High Boot Sandal Shoes Gladiator Sandal
- Gameday East Carolina State University Cowgirl Boot - Pointed Toe - ECU L075-1
- Gentle Souls Women's Best Moto Buckle Strap Bootie Ankle Boot,
- Adidas Ultraboost [BB6166] Men Running Shoes Black/White
- Women's High Top Sneakers Shoe CHANGE! Rollstar3W Punz Cr Al Bian Cam Leop Sabbi
- NEWROCK New Rock TR001-S1 Black Trail Goth Emo Punk Biker Ladies Leather Boots
- Kennel und Schmenger Schuhmanufaktur Womens Basket Trainers, Beige RosetteSoh
- 10018592 Ariat Women's Zebra Print Mesh Fuse Shoe Lime Accents NEW
- EASY B DB SWING LADIES SLIP ON SMART LEATHER BLACK FLAT WIDE TROUSERS WORK SHOES
- Women's Sam Edelman Felicia Ballet Flats Nude Suede Leather Size 8.5
- STUBBS & WOOTTON BLUE YELLOW TWEED HOUNDSTOOTH LOAFERS SLIP ONSHOES SZ 9 AA
- Onlymaker Women Sequins Cute Ankle Strap Stiletto Pink Insole High Heel Sandals
- Report Womens LECRONE Closed Toe Mary Jane Pumps, BLACK SUEDE, Size 6.5 ljkt
- Nine West Women's Salinda Suede Dress Pump Dark Grey 5.5 M US
- Nine West CALABRES Suede Womens Calabres Dress Pump M- Choose SZ/Color.
- Helmut Lang Distressed Suede Pumps Black Sz 39 NWOB $595
- Roberto Festa Women's Gloria in Makai Lacquer Makai Size 40 M
- Nine West Showrunner Ankle Strap Sandals 133, Light Gold, 10 US
- Fergalicious Womens Huddle Peep Toe Casual Strappy Sandals
- Tory Burch Embellished Jeweled Flip Flop Sandals Shoes NIB Sz 5 Royal Navy Blue
- SKECHERS EMPIRE ROUND UP SHOE SHOES MEMORY FOAM ORIGINAL 12420 BKSL BLACK
- Mens Adidas Superstar Adidas Originals White Black C771240 Sz 7.5
- NIKE AIR JORDAN 10 X RETRO COOL GREY SUEDE NRG 310805-022 MEN SIZE 9
- ADIDAS 00-PAQG1A-19 adidas Kids Unisex D Lillard 2 C (Little Kid) Light Solid
- Asics Gel Storm 2 Running Shoes Grey Blue Men Sz 9.5 3005
- new Nike Air Jordan BCT Mid 2 454043-106 Basketball Shoes Size 8.5
- NEW MEN'S NIKE ZOOM SOLDIER VII TB 599263-400
- ADIDAS ORIGINALS NMD_R1 BOOST - DUCK CAMO D96617 SESAME/STEEL/BASE GREEN
- Jordan Son of Mars Mens 512245-405 Armory Navy Electrolime Shoes Size 9.5
- Nike Zoom Kobe Ix 9 Masterpiece sz 8 10.5 Multicolor new DS Black 630847-001 MC
- Adidas Yeezy boost 350 v2 "Sesame" pre order 4-14 100% authentic
- Skechers USA Men's Duson Steno Chukka Boot
- SPERRY TOP-SIDERS, MEN'S SZ 10 M, BROWN LEATHER, BOAT SHOES, DARK SOLES TOO
- Bates Men's Lites Buckle Chukka Shoe Black 11.5 D(M) US Made in The USA Leather
- Cole Haan Air Somerset Venetian Driving Moc Black Men 11.5 M $168 NIB New C11543
- Mezlan Santander Men's Black Leather Tassel Slip On Dress Loafers Shoes size 10
- New 1st Quality Allen Edmonds Ellsworth 12.5 B black
- Skechers You Define Slip-On Women's Shoes Size 8.5
- NEW Sz 12 Women's Nike Air Huarache Run Ultra Jacquard Lava Running 885019 001
- Womens Asics Running Trainer Gel Sonoma Lightweight Casual Trail Walking Shoe
- PRADA Womens Black Leather Pull Tab Closure Chunky Sole Sneakers Sz 37/US 6.5
- Nike Lady Air Max Thea Ultra Flyknit Black - Womens - Size 6 B
- Nike Free Rn Flyknit Running Women's Shoes Size 8.5
- Nine West Women's Cadence Ankle Bootie - Choose SZ/Color
- Fly london Mes 2 Red Leather Womens Mid Calf Boots
- DS Nike W AIR FOAMPOSITE ONE ‘Alien’ Sz 11/Men's 9.5/[AA3963 100] 1
- NEW OSCAR DE LA RENTA OPEN TOE LEOPARD BOOTS SHOES 38.5 - 8.5
- Reebok Rapid Response 6" Composite Toe Side Zip Combat/Tactical Boots RB8650
- BROOKS WOMENS ADRENALINE GTS 18 PINK PLUM CHAMPAGNE SHOES 2018 **ALL BEST SELLER
- Justin Reece Samantha Women Leather Matt Camel Loafers
- PRADA WOMEN'S SHOES TRAINERS SNEAKERS NEW BLACK 763
- City Classified Womens Red Booties Size 6 (288980)
- Skechers BOBS Women's Lowlights - Razzy Dazzy Ball - Choose SZ/color
- COLE HAAN NIKE AIR soft leather straps mid calf biker motorcycle boots 7.5
- KBR Black Leather Ankle Boot Size 7 Very Gently Worn
- Demonia Rival-315 Black Chain Combat Boots - Size 6 (US Women's) - Gothic,Goth,P
- New Hush Puppies Capital Hp Womens Shoes Comfort Shoes Heeled
- Eastland Women's Mae Clog - Choose SZ/Color
- NAOT Women's Toatoa Flat - Choose SZ/Color
- Womens Pointy Toe Velet Embroidery Mules Low Heels Dress Slipper Pull On new sz
- Authentique mocassin cuir velvet Giuseppe Zanotti I36059 valeur *NEUF*
- Womens Patent Leather Platform Stilettos High Heel Ankle Boots Shoes Ballet ACh1
- Womens Rhinestones Flower Personalized High Block Heel Velvet Ankle Strap Shoes
- Men's/Women's Sundowner Ruckus Tan Heels Economical and practical fashionable Outstanding function
- Man's/Woman's Cole Haan Women's Medora Sling Pump Economical and practical Optimal price retail price
- Rebecca Taylor Skylar Glitter Pumps, Gold Glitter SIZE 8
- Badgley Mischka Womens Kassidy II Platform Pump- Pick SZ/Color.
- $995 NEW Manolo Blahnik MAIDUPUMP MAIDU Satin Black Jeweled Pumps BB Shoes 41.5
- Walking Cradles Women's Valerie Sandal,Bronze Leather,9.5 WW US
- Converse Chuck Taylor Dainty Perfed Women's Shoes Size 6
- Isabelle 50 Multi-Color Denim Leather Chunky Heel Slides Sandals 38.5 / US 8.5
- Nike Air Jordan 1 hat Low 338145 101 Blue/White Patent Size 8.5
- Nike Court Borough Mid Premium 844884-005 Mens Shoes Black & Silver
- adidas SNOVA Glide 5m - Running, Cross Training (Men's Multiple Sizes) Used
- Ted Baker Men's Kaliix Suede Trainers - Light Pink
- NIKE FOOTSCAPE ROUTE SP SNEAKER BOOTS (728746-001) Men's Sz 6.5 BLACK
- CONVERSE ALL STAR Shoes High Limited Stussy Crocodile Leather Purple 41 7.5 9.5
- *New* Nike Kobe A.D. NXT “Mambacurial” Men’s Shoes Size 11.5 Navy 882049-400
- Nike Air Max Lunar90 JCRD, Air Max Lunar 90, Lunarlon, Size 12
- 2014 Nike Dunk High Premium SB CHAIRMAN BAUHAUS BAO WHITE POLARIZED BLUE NEW 10
- Vans x madness collaboration SK8-HI from japan (2279
- Man/Woman Clarks Desert Boot - Men's Good design Highly praised and appreciated by the consumer audience Popular tide shoes
- Men's Fashion Lowtop Faux Leather Casual Shoes Breathable Non Slip Walking Shoes
- men's shoes 2 STAR 7 () sneakers blue textile suede AD437
- Nike Air Flight Posite Shoes (11.5) White / Game Royal Team Orange
- Columbia Bugaboot Plus III Titanium Omni-Heat Winter Boots Women Size 9 New
- DER DAU 6.5 LADIES CUSTOM FULL LIZARD VINTAGE WESTERN BOOTS RUSSET USA
- PRADA Men’s Real Leather Shoes Sz : US 8,5//NEW
- Stacy Adams Men's Rodrigo Cap Toe Oxford Shoes Blue Topaz 25168-446
- 861708-002 NIB NIKE Womens ROSHE TWO FLYKNIT Hi Sneakerboots Black White NEW
- Nike FLEX EXPERIENCE RN 5 - 844729 300 - Women Green Training Running Shoes 11
- ASICS Womens Fuzex Lyte Running Shoe- Pick SZ/Color.
- Nike Air Max Thea Running Women's Shoes
- NIB New Balance WW928WS2 Women's Walking White Athletic Shoe
- Authentic WMNS Nike Air Force 1 High blue sapphire volt white 11.5 patent
- NIKE Womens Nike Free Tr 8 942888-001 BLACK/WHITE Womens Size 9.5
- New $140 KORKS by KORK-EASE Denoon Cap Toe Buckle Boot 8 M
- Women's Black Patent Leather Detailed Western Cowboy Mid-Calf Dress Boots Sz.5
- *ME TOO* ASTOR16 BROWN LEATHER BOOTS SIZE 7.5
- Men/Women Sam Edelman Women's Louie Boot use buy Maintenance capability
- Miz Mooz BEAUFORT Black Leather Side Zip Wedge Knee High Boots Sz 8 NICE
- Stuart Weitzman Subside Black Suede Stretch Ankle Boots Women’s Size 9.5 M*
- GIVENCHY AMAZING BLACK LEATHER SHARK TOOTH SEXY BOOTS I LOVE SHOES
- mens or unisex R M WILLIAMS brown leather boots 6 X womens 8.5-9
- Women's Shoes Dsquared2 Canadian Team Black Sneaker Fall Winter 2019
- Ladies Clarks Wedge Heel Shoes * Hope Roxanne *
- Reef Womens Cushion Penny Flip Flops, Black, 6 US
- ZARA BALLERINAS WITH STRAPS 36-41 Ref. 1330/101
- Comfortiva Women's Maloree Flat Black Duster Flats
- Via Spiga Women's Easton Black Suede Mid High Sneakers sz. 9
- Easy Spirit Women's TRAVELTIME295 Mule Ivory 6 M US
- INC Fabulous Ponyskin LEOPARD Platform BOOTIES 7M
- Pelle MODA Bonnie Women's Shoes - Size 6 M, Black
- Nine West Women's fault Pony Dress Pump
- New Donald J. Pliner "Romy" Women's Size 7 1/2M Pewter Slingback Leather Heels
- MIU MIU Prada Black Suede Python Nero Arrow Heel 39 8 RARE
- Dansko Women's Liliana Slip On Wedges Chestnut Sizes 37 38 39 40 41
- E0 NEW JIMMY CHOO Vintage Mirror Antique 100mm Heels Sandals Shoes Size 36 $895
- Frye Womens Conrad Leather Mules Heeled Shoes Size 8.5 M Brown $250 Box
- Clarks Artisan Black Leather Petrina Gail Espadrille Wedge Sandal New
- Finn Women's Java Leather Comfort Clog Black Nappa 2520-014099
- New Nike Zoom Rival S Running Shoes (616313-517) Men's Size 12 $120
- Men's Nike SB Portmore II Solar Canvas Skateboarding Shoes 880268-001
- Nike Shox Turbo+ IV Running Shoes Black Metallic Mens 12 Trainers 315378-001
- Adidas Wings + Horns NMD R2 US Sz 10.5 Hint Boost BB3118
- Adidas x Day One "ADO" Pure Boost ZG - S81826 - Core Black - Men's Size-13
- New Puma 189942-01 Speed Ignite Netfit Champs Blue Men's Running Shoes 11 US
- Hoka One One Men's Clifton 4 Road Running Shoe Diva Blue/True Blue
- Gentleman/Lady Spartan High WC TX SE Shoe New product Latest styles Exquisite workmanship
- Nike Air Force 1 Low Easter Egg 2017 Men Size 12 New 845053-500
- Adidas NMD R1 PK SNS Datamosh BB6365 Size 10 US Vapour Steel Glitch Orange
- Muck Boot Fieldblazer II Brown/Realtree Xtra-Mens Size 13 All-Terrain Boot
- Cole Haan NANTUCKET LOAFER II Men's Shoes size 11 C27452
- NEW Converse Jack Purcell Mens JP LTT OX Low Sneaker Shoes Olive Camo Green 11
- Donald J Pliner Pazano Men's Linen Smoking Skull Loafer Dress Shoes
- New Rockport #M2749 8 W brown (5318)
- Caterpillar Women's Hester Boot - Choose SZ/Color
- Joules Women's Westbourne Floral Embroidered Chelsea Boots - Black Floral X_WEST
- Ladies Lane Plain Jane Dark Cognac Short Boots LB0359H
- $1395 Jimmy Choo Blyss Studded Mink Suede Boots Motorcycle Ankle Booties 37
- JTHM Nail Bunny Johnny The Homicidal Maniac Black MENS Black Martin Boots
- Asics GEL-Quantum 360 Shift [T7E7N-9090] Women Running Shoes Black/Black-White
- Men's Florsheim Imperial Driving Shoes Danforth Comfortable Sand 13093-269 Soft
- Adidas Women's Tubular Invader Strap Shoes Onix/Onix size 9.5
- Nike Women's Downshifter 6 White Blue Silver Running Shoes Size 7.5
- Gentleman/Lady steve madden sneakers 9 Selling Moderate cost Cost-effective
- Nike Women Air Max 1 NS Off White Purple Running Shoes [844982 101] Size 10
- Gentleman/Lady vt21019 Reebok woman's silver sneakers Comfortable feeling Let our goods go to the world Shopping promotion
- Nike Tanjun Training Shoes Womens White/White Gym Fitness Trainers Sneakers
- Puma Fenty by Rihanna Bow Sneaker Pink Silver 365054-01 Women's Size 7-9
- 34-48 Women's Sexy Patent Leather Over Knee High Boots Platform Punk Roma Boots
- La Canadienne Black Suede Zip Up Riding Boots Used Women's 8 RARE!
- BEARPAW Women's Emma Tall Winter Boot, Hickory, 9 M US
- NIB DOC MARTENS * BIANCA TAN * BROWN (antique milled brunido) CHELSEA BOOT *...
- Women's Sanita Paddock Brittany Boots, Black, 38 Eu/7-7.5 US, M
- Ladies Black Knee Length Books - Size 8
- BCBGMaxAzria rrp $280.00 Size 7 Black Suede Open Toe Platform Pumps Shoes
- Y's by Yohji Yamamoto Women's YY-B07-001 White 1 (XS)
- TORY BURCH Catherine orange patent with raffia smoking slippers flats shoes 6.5
- Gentlemen/Ladies Nine West Women's Xande Synthetic Clog Fine workmanship High-quality materials cheaper
- El Naturalista Womens Yggdrasil Ankle Bootie /- Pick SZ/Color.
- Authentic Pre-owned Christian dior J’adior SlingbacksbBlack Patent 37.5 Flat
- Gentlemen/Ladies EVE-04 Diverse new design Win the praise of customers Recommended today
- Belle Sigerson Morrison Brown Leather Strappy Heels Size 8 NWB
- women salvatore ferragamo black classic elegant shoes size 9 AA
- Nine West Women's Brielyn Platform Pump - Choose SZ/Color
- YSL Black Suede and Gold Trim Platform Heels. 39.5
- NIB 100% AUTH Christian Louboutin So Kate 120 Patent Leather pump $675 Sz 35
- MIA Women's Black Glitterati Gladiator Sandals Shoe Size 6 New!
- Nike Air Max 1 Essential Blue Grey/White-Bright Crimson 599820-400 Womens SZ 6.5
- Hot Women Casual Sandals Wedge High Heel Embroidery Slippers Pointy Toe Shoes sz
- adidas Swift Run - Green - Mens
- Nike Lunar P Rod SB 537693 003 12 Medium Grey Bright Citrus Orange Blue Black
- Vans SK8 Hi Mid Moc CA Pig Suede Black/Blanc Men's Skate Shoes Size 11
- New CONVERSE Chuck Taylor Flyknit Sneaker Mens blue all sizes
- Converse First String Chuck Taylor All Star 70 1970s High Natural Men 151227C
- Men/Women Clarks Vulco Spear Brown 26069954 Men's Good design Sales Italy best seller
- NIKE AIR MAX 90 ESSENTIAL Dark Stucco/Oatmeal/Mushroom MEN'S RUNNING COMFY SHOE
- 24 Nike Kyrie 3 "Aqua-Black" Mens Basketball Limited Edition Trainer 852395 14
- NEW MAISON MARGIELA MENS SINGLE STRAP LEATHER MID-TOP SNEAKERS
- NUNN BUSH Men's 'Lancaster' Camel Suede Chukka Boots Sz. 10.5 M NIB
- Maison Margiela Men's Shoes 592486 Brown 42
- Gentlemen/Ladies Yeezy Crepe Boot Tan Size 12 flagship store comfortability Excellent workmanship
- MENS JOHN VARVTOS BLACK CANVAS FASHION SNEAKERS W/LEATHER TRIM SIZE 8.5*
- Eastland Men's Yarmouth 1955 Slip-On Loafer - Choose SZ/Color
- Philippe Model Tropez Mondial sneaker in black leather with suede profiles. Blac
- Mr/Ms TBS Roadmap Noir service New in stock negotiation
- Helly Hansen Aquapace 2 Sailing Shoe - Women's Size 9.5, Black/Purple
- Tibetan Spaniel Halloween Print Running Shoes For Kids-Free Shipping
- Cape Clogs Women's Lucia Vegan Clog
- NIB DR SCHOLLS black Scout Strap slip on suede & patent leather shoe sneaker 8.5
- Air Jordan Retro 1 Low No Swoosh Particle Beige/Metallic Red Bronze AO1935 204
- NIKE Womens Nike Air Max Sequent 3 908993-101 WHITE Womens Size 5.5
- DSQUARED² WOMEN SHOES SISMONDY NABUK SNEAKERS ATHLETIC MADE IN ITALY #W16K513097
- Helly Hansen Leather Hiking Boots Women's Size 7 Tan
- ASH Heidi Embroidered Bootie Brown Size 36 (US 5) New $240
I felt the need because in part I travel quite a bit and in traveling, I get an opportunity to meet different leaders and different pastors and I’m finding that although many have great educational backgrounds and have had great experiences in their local churches, the systems, people and culture changes so quickly that they’re not able to adapt to those changes fast enough. And so I wrote ‘4 D’ to say, ‘Hey, there are four critical areas in every church, wherever you happen to be, if you could focus on these areas, you could have a healthy, more vital, growing church.’ And those areas of course from the book are technology, worship, systems and hospitality, which on the surface sounds very easy, low-hanging fruit. But as you dig through that and apply it to your local church, it becomes some of the hardest but most rewarding work that you will ever do.
2. You recently hosted an online conference regarding the principles you shared in “4D Impact.” How did you teach the principles you learned in the one-hour conference?
It wasn’t designed to teach all of the principles in one hour. It was an introductory course. It was an introduction for people who may be skeptical, people who have heard these things before and they’re not quite sure and people who are totally sold out and they really want to tell their leaders, ‘Here is what I’ve been talking about. Here is someone else saying it.’
3. In this book, you share stories of success and failure from Impact Church’s ongoing journey. Tell me about one success and one failure and what you learned?
One story of success is beginning around literal coffee tables in Starbucks with a group of volunteers who are still so passionate about the vision we’re casting that 12 years later, Impact is what it is. So although now we have staff and our budget is larger, we historically have always and will always be dependent on volunteers. So as it relates to volunteerism, that is one of our successes.
One failure story which was really a learning opportunity is around what it means to literally disciple people to the next level. When you think about churches, most churches do discipleship or should do discipleship, meaning, ‘Hey, I want to be a Christian. I accept Christ and 10 years later, I shouldn’t be in the same place.’ So I don’t call it a failure but an opportunity. It is typical of new churches, meaning we start like gangbusters and then one day, you wake up and you realize, ‘Oh my God, we have to take these people somewhere.’ So that is a constant question for us, ‘How do we take people to a place of Christian maturity while knowing that as a 12-year-old, preteen church, we can’t take people all of the way. But what is that part of the way that God is calling us to? So that’s been an opportunity for us to learn. We don’t always get it right but one day, we hope to say, ‘If you hang out at Impact, this is what you will look like as a Christian.’
How did you galvanize those volunteers?
I was blessed to work at a large church for about five and a half years before we started Impact. While I was there, I built some great relationships and I also built some great relationships in the marketplace who I was able to pull in. And it wasn’t just me. The volunteers invited people so we all pulled in folk. So it was relationships.
What do you mean by “you can’t take people all of the way?”
If you think about a discipleship model in the alphabet, beginning with A and going all the way to Z, some churches will say, we can take you all the way to Z, but that’s really not true. You have to think of a church like a supermarket or another store. Target is great, but they’re not going to sell everything. Wal-Mart is great, but they’re not going to sell everything. And so typically a shopper has to piecemeal their shopping list along the lines of two or three locations. And that’s the reality of where spirituality is in the 21st century. No one church can do everything for one person or should we. But we should be able to know what we do very well.
So when we talk about a discipleship model, that may mean you meet Impact as a seeker, trying to understand who Jesus Christ is and then when you leave Impact, whenever that is, maybe you will have taken a Bible Study or been part of a small group that helps you understand the Bible, that helps you understand prayer, that helps you understand other spiritual disciplines. And then you can go on to another church and go deeper in another spiritual dynamic or in another area and while you’re with them, you’re learning even more than what you learned than when you were with us. But we were a part of that foundational story that helped you get to the next level of your spiritual growth.
So you don’t think a church should try to keep members for their lifetimes?
It depends on the life and stage of the church and the life and stage of the member. For instance, a month ago, I was at a church and they were celebrating their 154th church anniversary. There are some members who have been members of that church for all of their lives and that works for them. But I think the way that culture is shifting because of jobs, because of geography, because folks today don’t mind living in a city two or three years, it’s going to be virtually impossible for healthy, thriving growing churches to say we have lifetime members. We have lifetime support. We have lifetime encouragement. And we have lifetime shared stories but for you to be here your entire life is unlikely and typically if you’re a young adult.
4. Some people are skeptical of megachurches. I’m not sure if Impact is considered a megachurch but it is a large church. For example, my husband was just saying to me that he wonders how some churches grow to megachurch size without some shenanigans being involved or the message of the gospel being compromised somehow. As a church growth expert, do you feel that every church should have thousands of members in order to be healthy?
I don’t. The numerical size does not determine health or vitality of a local church. What most people don’t know is in America, the average size church is 75 people so when you see these large churches and megachurches or gigachurches, those are a minority. They are not the norm. It’s like what you see in the United States of America. It’s mostly made up of these small towns. You’ve got these huge cities like Atlanta but if you travel outside of Atlanta, a lot of America is rural, grassroots people who grow crops, who have industries that literally service the world. And it’s the same thing with the local church. I believe my expertise comes in by saying, ‘I don’t necessarily want you to grow larger for the sake of; I want you to be as healthy as you can be and as vital as you can be. And if you do that, you will reach the world for Jesus Christ.’
But to your husband’s point, I do believe some churches can grow that large without any abnormalities, without anything happening that can be indifferent or bad because there are just some churches and yeah, it’s spiritual and it’s favor, but God’s favor is on every church. Some people think this church is big because God’s favor is on it. No God’s favor is just as present in that church with 80 people but there are just some things that work for that church. It may be a strong lay leader. It may be a strong Sunday School system. It may be a strong small group system.
Or they are just are in the right geography. Sometimes when you watch football, you will see these small towns that have college teams. For instance, you take the University of Georgia. I’m here right now in Michigan and I just passed Notre Dame. Now Notre Dame is a small city, but it has a huge school. And I think sometimes these schools are located in places where there isn’t a pro team presence so that the college team is the pro team and there is a lot invested in that. You can just be in the right community and you’re the only show in town. So by nature of being the only show in town, you’re going to be bigger if you’re healthy.
5. To assess the “health” of a church, you assess culture, hospitality, worship, and technology. Tell me more about this assessment process and the diagnostic tools in the book.
The first thing I do is to come in and get to know the church’s story and that means getting to know their history and their present and then from that you will begin to hear the culture of the church because every church has a culture. Culture may mean very strong pastoral leadership. Culture may mean very strong lay leadership. Culture may mean this is an outreach and missions church. You get to know their stories and their culture.
And then you observe their worship because people can tell you about their worship but you actually have to sit in on their worship. A couple of weeks ago, I was in Florida, sitting in on Sunday morning, on a worship experience at a church. After that, I was able to give some written feedback and oral feedback to the leader of that church or the pastor who will soon be the leader so that he and the other leaders can take that and work through each of those details related to worship and make that more vital.
Technology is more of an Excel spreadsheet where you’re taking inventory of current technology, outdated technology. You’re breaking that into software because a lot of people don’t think about that. And you also break that into hardware. And from that you can address budget decisions and directional path decisions about what we want to look like as a church in technology.
Systems can be broad but one of the things I tell people about systems is that there are open systems and closed systems. And you think about language for instance. Whenever someone stands and gives an announcement and says, ‘Hey, thank you for being a part of church family. We’re glad you’re here.’ Words like that are closed system words meaning when you say family, that means we have everybody we need and we don’t necessarily need new people. So your language is a system and people don’t think about that. So myself and my team leaders will come in as outsiders with neutral opinions, wanting to help and not harm you because we all want to reach people for Jesus Christ.
6. What inspired you to write “Leadership Directions from Moses?” which is described a handy tool for those dealing with the departure of key members from the church.
It doesn’t matter the age or stage of a church, people leave from day 1. The very first Sunday service that we had Impact, some people left afterward. People come with preconceived expectations. And we started in a middle school. And there weren’t any crosses up. There were no stained glass windows. Some people said, ‘This is great for y’all but it’s not for me.’ So people are always leaving and people are always coming.
But I wrote this book for leaders like me who struggle with sharing vision, struggle with delegation and also who struggle with understanding that the same way God speaks to me, God also speaks to other people. So when we read Moses’ story that then leads into Joshua, we always assume at all 12 tribes made it into the Promised Land. But if you read Numbers 32, the Reubenites and the Gadites come to Moses when they are in a geographic area called the Transjordan, they say, ‘Hey Moses, we like where we are.’ Moses makes a compromise and says, ‘Okay, if you help us go fight for the land, then you and your families can come back here.’ So time moves on. Moses dies. Joshua is the new leader. Joshua divides out the land and that’s when Joshua tells those two tribes, you can now return to that place.
What typically happens with leaders is that we demonize people for having a different vision or a different path, and we then only focus on those people who don’t want to go where you feel God has called you to go and those are two fatal mistakes in leadership. Because one, we don’t honor other people’s vision and how they hear God and two, we take our eyes off of the majority of people who still want to move forward and we put all of our emphasis on the minority group of people who don’t necessarily want to move forward. So it works through three critical conversations: self-conversation around self-awareness and self-differentiation, conversation with others around casting vision and helping them understand what God is sharing in your heart, and finally those difficult conversations that we have with God when you’re down and out. Ultimately, we all have a promise and we can get there but we only get there through these difficult conversations.
7. Is there anything else you would like to add?
First of all, thank you for this interview. I do share with groups as I travel and at home, that in spite of all the difficulties with leaders in general, but specifically with leaders of local churches, both clergy and lay people, are facing, this is the greatest evangelistic opportunity of our lifetime. I know we’re seeing a decline in church attendance and more and more people are opting out of religion in general, but I still believe this a great opportunity if we’re willing to reach people in a 21st century way with the same theology we’ve always had but we have to be willing to retool, we have to be willing to reshape and we have to be willing to reach culture where they are and not expect them to walk through our doors and just show up.
For more information about Steve Madden Women's Harlan Loafer Flat, Black Suede, Size 8.5and Clarks Keesha Luca Slip On - Women's Size 9W Black and Pastor Olu Brown, go to @pastorolubrown on COBB HILL WOW-CH 226287 Pink / Multi-Color Fabric Flats Sz. 7 M and his website olubrown.org.