RAND study find that news outlets have become less objective and more opinion and emotion-based. Television in particular tends to focus on personalities who talk about the news, versus objective reporting.
An academic study finds that Google steers news searches towards articles in left leaning publications versus to similar stories in right leaning publications. This is another post in our series about the influence that publishers and corporations (including social media) exert on public opinion.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||11||Style:||Athletic Sneakers|
|Color:||Multi-Color||UPC:||Does not apply|
Amazon, for some time, blocked advertisers from running ads that were said to contain “religious content”. This included gifts and clothing items with “biblical quotes and religious language”. Amazon has now announced this was done in error. This is another in our series of how large publishers and corporations use their online dominance to control online speech and thought.
- Nike Presto Fly Triple Black 908019-001 Size 14
- ONEMIX Men's Lightweight Air Cushion Outdoor Sport Running Shoes
- ASICS GEL LYTE V SZ 8 KING FISHER BLACK TAN GORETEX PACK HL6E2 4890
- 718303-002 Nike Men Air Max 90 Escape (brown / light bone / ale brown / bronze /
- Nike Men's Air Jordan XXXI LOW BasketBall Sneakers Size 7 to 13 us 897564 001
- Adidas Originals Neighborhood GAZELLE SUPER DA8838 Black Black White SZ 4-12
- Mens Leather Riding Ankle Boots Strapped Pull-on Casual desert Motorcycle Shoes
- Gentleman/Lady Rocky Men's RKW0138 Western Boot Wear resistant King of quantity Elegant and stable packaging
- Adidas Adizero Men's Shoes Size 14 kevlar football cleats 5 star 2015 AQ7807
- men's new fur lined casual leisure shoes loafers driving shoes plus SZ moccasins
- @ THE ART COMPANY METROPOLITAN LEATHER SNEAKERS MEN SIZE US 7 UNIQUE
- J-1852225 New Brioni Graphite Leather Sneakers Shoes Size US 10
- Nunn Bush Men's PHILLIPS Plain toe oxford Leather Camel Shoes 84671-228
- Mens Clarks Crackling Glow Tan Suede Leather Fur Boat Slippers G Fit Shu Size
- NEW Nike Women's Flex 2017 RN Black/White/Anthracite Running Shoes Size 9.5
- SAUCONY JAZZ S SERIES LOW SNEAKERS WOMEN SHOES PURPLE/PINK 1785-8 SIZE 5.5 NEW
- Eastland Women's Candice Criss Cross Slide Black Leather Sandals
- Lanvin Suede Cap Toe Hightop Sneaker with Black Leather Accents Mauve 39 9 8.5
- WOMENS ASICS Gel Netburner Super 5 LADIES NETBALL SHOES
- Nike Lunarglide 9 Womens Style : 904716 Cool Grey/Black/Pure Platinum Size 7
- Laredo Brown Leather Cowboy Boots Women's Size US 5 M Slip-On Made in the USA
- New Christmas Purple Stiletto Platform Over the Knee High Heel Women Boot Shoe 6
- VINCE CAMUTO BLACK LEATHER ANKLE ZIP UP BOOTS SIZE 11 M - NEW
- HUNTER Women's Original Tall Black Wellington Boots /36 US 4M pv:
- Womens Casual Real Leather Zipper Flat Low Heel British Knee High Boots Shoes Sz
- Sugar Women's Tiggles Open Side Festival Buckle Boho Bootie Ankle Boot, Slate US
- Steve Madden Nevadaaa Women's Boots Black Suede 6 M
- Women's Denim Blue Python Snake Tall Leather Cowgirl Boots Heart Design Pointed
- Christian Dior Black Suede Knee-high Zip closure Graphic flat Boots IT35
- Rieker Men s 15224 Low-Top Sneakers, Brown Cigar Mandel Pazifik , 6.5 UK
- BROOKS TRANSCEND 3 WOMENS RUNNING SHOES (B) (617)
- Marc Joseph New York Womens Tassle Leather Closed Toe Loafers
- Nina Venetia Ankle Strap Dress Sandals, Champagne, 9.5 US / 39.5 EU
- Womens Vionic Ballet Flat Loafer Slip on Minna Medium (M, B) Sizes
- Jimmy Choo Womens Beige Snake Skin Leather Round Toe Gold Ballerina Flats sz 40
- NEW BURBERRY CLASSIC CHECK NEON PINK TRAINERS SNEAKERS FLAT SHOES 36/US 6
- Women's salvatore ferragamo Ballet Flat Black Leather Shoes Size 9
- Clear 7 1/2" double strap exotic dancer Platform slides
- Women's Pointed Toe Stiletto Med Heel Low Top Patent Leather Shoes Zsell
- Rachel Zoe Clive Beige Calf Leather Pointed Toe Pumps Size 10M D1487/
- Tory Burch Shaila Metallic Shimmer Brick Pumps Heels 32148480 Sz 9 Pewter Black
- VALENTINO GARAVANI Black Suede Peep Toe Platform Heel with Pleated Bow Size 38
- $395 STUART WEITZMAN MARIE Black Designer Fashion Cut Out Booties Pumps 10.5
- NIB ALAIA Black Suede Leather Silver Beads 4.5" High Heels Shoes 7.5/37.5 $2495
- New Women's PUMA x RIHANNA LEADCAT FENTY FU Sandal Slide 367087-01 Clematis Blue
- Mr/Ms Women's Merrell Hiking Shoes Size 9.5 Quality products Quality and quantity guaranteed Fair price
- Saint Laurent (YSL) 'Tribute' T-Strap Sandal - Size 37.5 - $895
- PUMA Mens Super Elevate Running Shoe- Pick SZ/Color.
- Nike SB Dunk High Pro Size 8 Rare 313171-471
- Nike Men's Lunar Rod Paul Rodriguez 537693-003 Grey Citrus New In Box Size 9.5
- Asics Tiger Men Gel-Lique brown india ink carbon H6K0L-5897
- NIKE FLYKNIT ONE+ TRAINER sz 12 racer nmd kobe jordan 3 4 5 6 7 lot lebron yeezy
- Nike Free Run 2, 2013 DS, Black / Atomic Orange / Iron Purple, Size 10
- Man's/Woman's Altra Escalante Running Shoe - Men's Comfortable feeling a variety of Modern mode
- JORDAN XI RETRO TD Mens Cleats SIZE 13 AO1561-011
- Gentleman/Lady ADIDAS HARDLAND MASTERMIND Sz 8 Consumer first International choice Outstanding function
- Angelo Burlinetto Men's Laser Cut High Top Sneaker
- Rocky Original Ride Steel Toe Western Brown Boots Sz 13M - NIB RKW0117
- Mens Large Size Ralph Lauren Polo Faxon Low Black Shoes 14 D..349A
- new Unlisted by Designer Kenneth Cole Design 302474 choose sizes
- Mens Slip On Loafers High Top Sneakers Fashion Shoes Flats Board Casual stylish
- Gentleman/Lady Allen Edmonds 10D Sanford Black Fashion pattern cheapest Diversified new design
- Magnanni Marco Cuero Single Monk Strap size 8 US (13276-7) 984
- 816- Richelieu hommes noir Church's 80F/42 bon état
- Women's PUMA Ignite Wn's 18807701 Tradewinds-Blueprint-Fl-Pink NIB
- ASICS Womens Metrolyte Walking Shoe - Choose SZ/Color
- VNDS Nike Air Max Plus TN Ultra White 881560-102 size 6W 4.5Y!
- Women Genuine Leather Knee High Boots Flat Round Toe Oxfords Combat Fashion Shoe
- Franco Sarto Women's Diodati Espresso Leather Boots
- Womens's frye 75406 Jayden Harness Zip Black Leather Boots Size 8 NIB
- Nike Womens Air Zoom Shoes 863766-001 Black Sz 8.5 W
- New Nike WOMEN'S Air Max 97 PRM Premium Snakeskin Black White 917646-001 SZ 5.5
- Nike Air Vapormax 97 Womens AO4542-901 Metallic Dark Sea Running Shoes Size 11.5
- Man's/Woman's Marc Fisher Felissa Women's Boots Black Exquisite (middle) workmanship New design Different styles and styles
- Skechers Women's Work Relaxed Fit Squad Slip Resistant Miskin
- Bearpaw Knit Tall - 658w - Women's Sweater Boots Grey - 10
- Women's Athletic Sneakers shoes Pull on suede wedge heel Casual Punk Gothic
- KEEN Brown Leather (Side Zip) Winter Mid Calf Boots Wms 8 / 38.5
You can tell this is an Internet meme that isn’t true because Corvettes have never had a back seat – 2 seats in front, that’s all.
Facebook bans those who appear to engage in hate speech or promoting acts of violence, and says it will ban those who may, in turn, make supportive comments about those who have been banned.
Social media companies want to act like an edited publication that is liable for its content while simultaneously saying they are like the telephone company which is not liable for the content carried over their network. Social media companies promote net neutrality to require third party Internet networks to carry their content unimpeded – while social media company’s simultaneously disable other people’s contents. This is a challenging problem.
The way to respond to accusations of fictional news reporting is to double down on accuracy, objectivity and remaining calm. Unfortunately, the news industry continues to harm itself through self destructive behavior typical of middle school drama, such as this fiasco from the NY Times.
Three glaring errors seen in main stream media over about a 24 hour span. Embarrassing. None of these examples should have occurred.
Police routinely ask Google to provide information about all phones within a neighborhood of a crime. This has resulted, in at least one example, of an innocent man arrested for murder. While released a week later, he was fired from his job – even though he was 100% innocent. Further, from the linked news article, Google retrains location information for potentially forever – we already know that Google collects location data even when you disable Location services.
For once, Facebook is honest? 🙂
Amazon staff listen to Alexa recorded audio but only an “extremely small number of interactions from a random set of customers”.
Facebook continues to claim they oppose discrimination in all forms, in spite of mountains of evidence showing they continue to discriminate based on age, gender and other attributes in their ad platform.
Social media promoters know that “outrage” leads to more views. That’s why conspiracy theories and other outrageous content flourish on social media – because they are watched.
UpGuard’s Cyber Risk team said Mexico City-based digital platform Cultura Colectiva openly stored 540 million records on Facebook users, including identification numbers, comments, reactions and account names. Another database, an app called At the Pool, listed names, passwords and email addresses of 22,000 people, UpGuard said. Source: Facebook removes exposed user records stored on Amazon’s servers | Reuters
Facebook’s advertising tools enabled advertising to target potential housing customers by “race, religion, familial status, disability” in order to exclude members of protected classes from renting or buying property.