RAND study find that news outlets have become less objective and more opinion and emotion-based. Television in particular tends to focus on personalities who talk about the news, versus objective reporting.
An academic study finds that Google steers news searches towards articles in left leaning publications versus to similar stories in right leaning publications. This is another post in our series about the influence that publishers and corporations (including social media) exert on public opinion.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|MPN:||4101000203-541||Width:||Medium (D, M)|
Amazon, for some time, blocked advertisers from running ads that were said to contain “religious content”. This included gifts and clothing items with “biblical quotes and religious language”. Amazon has now announced this was done in error. This is another in our series of how large publishers and corporations use their online dominance to control online speech and thought.
- Naot Women's Pleasure Mary Janes - Size 8, Black
- Gentleman/Lady Shoes flamenco style Moderate price Sufficient supply Superb craftsmanship
- Women shoes leather pumps model LAFIO Us 3.5 to 12
- Ysl Black Patent Leather Ankle Strap Heels Sz. 6.5
- Ecco Womans Sandles Size 40 9-9.5 Purple Leather Sicky Strap Walking
- Alvaro Gonzalez Sandal Antonia Rose Gold Metallic Leather Sz 40 Crisscross Flat
- ECCO WOMEN'S COMFORTABLE SNEAKER SOFT TRED 7 CASHMERE AND REAL LEATHER
- Globe Avante Trainers - Grey / Black
- K Swiss Aero Trainer Men's Leather Casual Retro Fitness Gym Trainers Black
- Air Jordan 1 Retro 1 High GG. Brand new. 100% authentic
- Nike Air Max 97 Black Anthracite Metallic Hematite (2018) Size 9
- Mens NIKE FREE TRAIN INSTINCT Running Trainers 833274 003
- Nike Zoom KD9 Texas Longhorns Sail/Sail Basketball 899640-110 Men’s US 10.5
- NIKE MEN'S HYPERVENOM PHINISH ORANGE FG SOCCER CLEATS ACC SIZE 9 749901 888
- Men's/Women's Altra Men's Torin 3.5 selling price Bright colors business
- Nike LeBron XI 11 MIAMI NIGHT Sz 12 us 46 Eu
- Sperry Top-Sider Mens Gamefish Mukka Chukka Boot Grey Size 7 M US
- Funtasma MAVERICK-8812 Men's Black Leather Halloween Costume Medieval Knee Boots
- Columbia Vulc Camp 4 Winter Men’s Sz 7 Brown Fashion Sneakers Shoes W2-106
- Clarks men's shoes black leather flat size 9 M
- Merrell J49521 Men's Size 10.5 Black Brevard Moccasin Slip On Shoes ZV-446
- CHAMARIPA Mens Height Increasing Elevator Dress Shoes 2.56'' Taller
- Korean Fashion Mens Pointy Toe Rivet Heel Casual Oxfords Nightclub Wedding Shoes
- New! Women's Nike Rival M Racing Multi Use Track shoes Blue/Purple 806555 2X
- Man/Woman Nike Lunar Tempo Size 9.5 New for you to choose cheapest Amoy
- Propet Women's Washable Walker Walking Shoe, SR Indigo, 10.5 S US
- NEW ASH Majestic Stars Sneakers 38 39 40
- Brand New Nike Air Max 90 Ultra 2.0 Breathe Casual Still Polarized Blue Size 9
You can tell this is an Internet meme that isn’t true because Corvettes have never had a back seat – 2 seats in front, that’s all.
Facebook bans those who appear to engage in hate speech or promoting acts of violence, and says it will ban those who may, in turn, make supportive comments about those who have been banned.
Social media companies want to act like an edited publication that is liable for its content while simultaneously saying they are like the telephone company which is not liable for the content carried over their network. Social media companies promote net neutrality to require third party Internet networks to carry their content unimpeded – while social media company’s simultaneously disable other people’s contents. This is a challenging problem.
The way to respond to accusations of fictional news reporting is to double down on accuracy, objectivity and remaining calm. Unfortunately, the news industry continues to harm itself through self destructive behavior typical of middle school drama, such as this fiasco from the NY Times.
Three glaring errors seen in main stream media over about a 24 hour span. Embarrassing. None of these examples should have occurred.
Police routinely ask Google to provide information about all phones within a neighborhood of a crime. This has resulted, in at least one example, of an innocent man arrested for murder. While released a week later, he was fired from his job – even though he was 100% innocent. Further, from the linked news article, Google retrains location information for potentially forever – we already know that Google collects location data even when you disable Location services.
For once, Facebook is honest? 🙂
Amazon staff listen to Alexa recorded audio but only an “extremely small number of interactions from a random set of customers”.
Facebook continues to claim they oppose discrimination in all forms, in spite of mountains of evidence showing they continue to discriminate based on age, gender and other attributes in their ad platform.
Social media promoters know that “outrage” leads to more views. That’s why conspiracy theories and other outrageous content flourish on social media – because they are watched.
UpGuard’s Cyber Risk team said Mexico City-based digital platform Cultura Colectiva openly stored 540 million records on Facebook users, including identification numbers, comments, reactions and account names. Another database, an app called At the Pool, listed names, passwords and email addresses of 22,000 people, UpGuard said. Source: Facebook removes exposed user records stored on Amazon’s servers | Reuters
Facebook’s advertising tools enabled advertising to target potential housing customers by “race, religion, familial status, disability” in order to exclude members of protected classes from renting or buying property.