RAND study find that news outlets have become less objective and more opinion and emotion-based. Television in particular tends to focus on personalities who talk about the news, versus objective reporting.
An academic study finds that Google steers news searches towards articles in left leaning publications versus to similar stories in right leaning publications. This is another post in our series about the influence that publishers and corporations (including social media) exert on public opinion.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Style:||Fashion Sneakers||Manufacturer:||Tommy Hilfiger|
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||Multiple Variations||Model:||TMPRIME|
Amazon, for some time, blocked advertisers from running ads that were said to contain “religious content”. This included gifts and clothing items with “biblical quotes and religious language”. Amazon has now announced this was done in error. This is another in our series of how large publishers and corporations use their online dominance to control online speech and thought.
- New Pointy Toe Women Ankle Strap Court 2018 Spring Lady Chunky High Heels Shoes
- Bordello pink glitter 5 3/4" open toe platform pumps
- DESIGNER LUXURY REBEL OCEAN BLUE KID SUEDE ROUND TOE HIGH HEEL SLINGBACKS 9.M
- Women's Shoes Dolce Vita Gertie Side Zipper Accent Ankle Bootie Light Taupe*New*
- Prada Womens Leather 5" Heels Ankle Strap size 38.5 Made in Italy
- $965 Christian Louboutin Very Rete Mesh Peeptoe platform Pump heels 41.5 US 10.5
- Womens Trendy Glitter Sequins Open Toe Cross Strap Block High Heels Sexy Sandals
- Womens Peep Toe Rhinestone Handmade Floral Sadnals Wedge Heels Ankle Strap Shoes
- Finn Women's Gomera Soft Leather Sandals Black Plisse 82562-345099
- Puma Bioweb Elite Webcage Men's Running Shoes Eco Ortholite Size-11.5
- Nike Men's Air Icarus Extra Qs Ankle-High Leather Running Shoe
- $74 NEW NIB New Balance Men's Kaymin TRAIL RUNNING SHOES 690 412 510 612
- Men's Nike Alpha Menace Elite Football Cleat Black White Size 8.5 871519 010 NIB
- New Nike CJ3 Flyweave Trainer Football Turf Training Shoe Blue Camo 725231 $160
- Under Armour Men's Get B Zee,Steel (035)/White, 9.5
- Asics Dynamis Safety Yellow White Men Running Shoes Sneakers Trainer T7D1N-0701
- Mr/Ms Air Jordan 14 Indiglo XIV the most convenient Moderate cost Explosive good goods
- Nike Mens Size 11 Air Jordan 6 Retro Low Chrome Black Silver White 304401-003
- Columbia Men's Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boots 10.5 Free Shipping
- adidas outdoor Mens Terrex Scope High GTX
- Gentleman/Lady Skechers Mens Matrixx - Mesday Sneaker New market Clearance Official website
You can tell this is an Internet meme that isn’t true because Corvettes have never had a back seat – 2 seats in front, that’s all.
Facebook bans those who appear to engage in hate speech or promoting acts of violence, and says it will ban those who may, in turn, make supportive comments about those who have been banned.
Social media companies want to act like an edited publication that is liable for its content while simultaneously saying they are like the telephone company which is not liable for the content carried over their network. Social media companies promote net neutrality to require third party Internet networks to carry their content unimpeded – while social media company’s simultaneously disable other people’s contents. This is a challenging problem.
The way to respond to accusations of fictional news reporting is to double down on accuracy, objectivity and remaining calm. Unfortunately, the news industry continues to harm itself through self destructive behavior typical of middle school drama, such as this fiasco from the NY Times.
Three glaring errors seen in main stream media over about a 24 hour span. Embarrassing. None of these examples should have occurred.
Police routinely ask Google to provide information about all phones within a neighborhood of a crime. This has resulted, in at least one example, of an innocent man arrested for murder. While released a week later, he was fired from his job – even though he was 100% innocent. Further, from the linked news article, Google retrains location information for potentially forever – we already know that Google collects location data even when you disable Location services.
For once, Facebook is honest? 🙂
Amazon staff listen to Alexa recorded audio but only an “extremely small number of interactions from a random set of customers”.
Facebook continues to claim they oppose discrimination in all forms, in spite of mountains of evidence showing they continue to discriminate based on age, gender and other attributes in their ad platform.
Social media promoters know that “outrage” leads to more views. That’s why conspiracy theories and other outrageous content flourish on social media – because they are watched.
UpGuard’s Cyber Risk team said Mexico City-based digital platform Cultura Colectiva openly stored 540 million records on Facebook users, including identification numbers, comments, reactions and account names. Another database, an app called At the Pool, listed names, passwords and email addresses of 22,000 people, UpGuard said. Source: Facebook removes exposed user records stored on Amazon’s servers | Reuters
Facebook’s advertising tools enabled advertising to target potential housing customers by “race, religion, familial status, disability” in order to exclude members of protected classes from renting or buying property.