RAND study find that news outlets have become less objective and more opinion and emotion-based. Television in particular tends to focus on personalities who talk about the news, versus objective reporting.
An academic study finds that Google steers news searches towards articles in left leaning publications versus to similar stories in right leaning publications. This is another post in our series about the influence that publishers and corporations (including social media) exert on public opinion.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|EAN:||Does Not Apply|
|Brand:||Mizuno||UPC:||Does Not Apply|
|Style:||Athletic||MPN:||Does Not Apply|
Amazon, for some time, blocked advertisers from running ads that were said to contain “religious content”. This included gifts and clothing items with “biblical quotes and religious language”. Amazon has now announced this was done in error. This is another in our series of how large publishers and corporations use their online dominance to control online speech and thought.
- Men's/Women's Nomad Women's Tide Black Wedge Sandals Innovative design Win highly appreciated Don't worry when shopping
- Earth Bali - Women's Sporty Comfort Sandal Indigo Blue - 8.5 Medium
- Saint Laurent Black Velvet Nu Pieds Strappy Slide Sandals SZ 36.5 NIB YSL $645
- British Men's Fashion Round Toe Match Color Casual Leather Flat Party Shoes T951
- Merrell Capra Rise Mens Trekking Hiking Shoes Outdoor All Sizes Trail Trainers
- Jordan Hydro 6 Men's Cool Grey/White/Wolf Grey 81473004
- Nike Air Max 90 NikeiD White Leather Sz 8 ID Independence Day AM Multi
- Nike sonic flight basketball shoes multi color size 12 us new with box
- Skechers Men's Relaxed Fit Expected Vaspen Sneaker Black Sneakers
- Nike Air Jordan 1 Mid Nouveau, Black / Dark Concord , Suede Leather, Sz 10.5
- PUMA Whirlwind Denim Fashion Sneaker- Pick SZ/Color.
- Nike Air Max 270 "Tiger" - AH8050 004
- Balenciaga Hightop Trainiers | Black Sponge | Size:43
- Dr Martens Colton Cherry Red Premium Temperley Leather Chukka 3 Eye Boots
- Red Wing Iron Ranger Mens Charcoal Leather Boots
- Men Patent Leather Round Toe Brogue Slip Formal Casual Shoes Oxford Size
- Hush Puppies Women's Chardon Oxford - Choose SZ/Color
- Balenciaga Men's Hightop Arena Sneaker - RED - ( Size 41 )Pre-Owned
- MAINE CLASSICS USA Tassel Burgundy Leather Men's Slip On Loafers Shoes Size 13 B
- Stacy Adams Men's Kappy II Moccasin Slipper 25186 Grey Synthetic
- Skechers Ultra Flex Black Gold Women's Sneaker 12843/BKGD
- NEW! Nordstrom PAUL GREEN Suede & LEATHER Slip-On Shoes, 6.5M - Black
- [BY8691] Womens Adidas NMD_R2 W Running Sneaker - White Grey
- ASICS Womens Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoe Purple/Regatta Blue/White, 7.5 Medium US
- NIKE WOMEN AIR MAX JEWELL PURPLE SMOKE-BLEACHED LILAC SZ 7 [896194-500]
- PUMA Women's Basket Platform Patent WN's Field Hockey Shoe
- Chase & Chloe Women's Over The Knee Thigh High Suede Chunky Heel Boot (8 B(M) US
- Women Black Leather Fashion Sneaker High Top Sport Ankle Boots Oxfords Punk Shoe
- Women's Jambu Chestnut - Black - Width: med - Boots
- STUART WEITZMAN BLACK STRETCH GORE TEX KNEE HIGH BOOTS SIZE 7 M MADE IN SPAIN
- PLEASER DEL3028/B/PU Sexy Multi Buckle Platform Matte Black 6" Heels Thigh Boots
- Frye Womens Campus 14L Leather Boots Sz 5.5 M Saddle USA $298 Box
- Josef Seibel Womens Faye 05 Ankle Bootie, Black, 40 EU/9-9.5 M US
- Nike Downshifter 8 VIII Light Carbon Blue Men Running Shoes Sneakers 908984-011
- Gentleman/Lady ILLUSION-1018RS PU Black Silver Chrome for you to choose Comfortable touch Extreme speed logistics
- NEXT Black Suede Leather Slouch Ankle Boots, size
- British Style Women's Mid-Calf Boots Low Heel Leather Shoes Metal Decor Retro
- GEOX Women's CAREY B Knee High Suede Boots, Colour Cigar, size or UK7
- Tony Bianco Heels - Karvan Black Capretto
- Taryn Rose Prosper Black Napa Leather/Patent Cap Toe Wedge Ballet Flat 8.5 M
- Maison Martin Margiela 22 Low-Tops Sneakers Dark Metallic Silver Grey SZ 8
- New FS/NY Womens Oasis Light Blue Flats
- MOT-CLe 7072 Black Leather / Patent / Suede Wedge Loafers Shoes 36 / US 6
- Ivanka Trump Lysa Patent Leather Pumps, Women's Size 8M, Dark Red
- Donald J. Pliner Molly Animal Print Shoes Black White 9M 9 M Peep Toe New
You can tell this is an Internet meme that isn’t true because Corvettes have never had a back seat – 2 seats in front, that’s all.
Facebook bans those who appear to engage in hate speech or promoting acts of violence, and says it will ban those who may, in turn, make supportive comments about those who have been banned.
Social media companies want to act like an edited publication that is liable for its content while simultaneously saying they are like the telephone company which is not liable for the content carried over their network. Social media companies promote net neutrality to require third party Internet networks to carry their content unimpeded – while social media company’s simultaneously disable other people’s contents. This is a challenging problem.
The way to respond to accusations of fictional news reporting is to double down on accuracy, objectivity and remaining calm. Unfortunately, the news industry continues to harm itself through self destructive behavior typical of middle school drama, such as this fiasco from the NY Times.
Three glaring errors seen in main stream media over about a 24 hour span. Embarrassing. None of these examples should have occurred.
Police routinely ask Google to provide information about all phones within a neighborhood of a crime. This has resulted, in at least one example, of an innocent man arrested for murder. While released a week later, he was fired from his job – even though he was 100% innocent. Further, from the linked news article, Google retrains location information for potentially forever – we already know that Google collects location data even when you disable Location services.
For once, Facebook is honest? 🙂
Amazon staff listen to Alexa recorded audio but only an “extremely small number of interactions from a random set of customers”.
Facebook continues to claim they oppose discrimination in all forms, in spite of mountains of evidence showing they continue to discriminate based on age, gender and other attributes in their ad platform.
Social media promoters know that “outrage” leads to more views. That’s why conspiracy theories and other outrageous content flourish on social media – because they are watched.
UpGuard’s Cyber Risk team said Mexico City-based digital platform Cultura Colectiva openly stored 540 million records on Facebook users, including identification numbers, comments, reactions and account names. Another database, an app called At the Pool, listed names, passwords and email addresses of 22,000 people, UpGuard said. Source: Facebook removes exposed user records stored on Amazon’s servers | Reuters
Facebook’s advertising tools enabled advertising to target potential housing customers by “race, religion, familial status, disability” in order to exclude members of protected classes from renting or buying property.