RAND study find that news outlets have become less objective and more opinion and emotion-based. Television in particular tends to focus on personalities who talk about the news, versus objective reporting.
An academic study finds that Google steers news searches towards articles in left leaning publications versus to similar stories in right leaning publications. This is another post in our series about the influence that publishers and corporations (including social media) exert on public opinion.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||9.5||Color:||Blue|
|Style:||Running Shoes||Product Line:||Nike Free|
Amazon, for some time, blocked advertisers from running ads that were said to contain “religious content”. This included gifts and clothing items with “biblical quotes and religious language”. Amazon has now announced this was done in error. This is another in our series of how large publishers and corporations use their online dominance to control online speech and thought.
- Veronique Branquinho Snakeskin detail black and brown Avantgarde Heels 39
- 14 cm Sexy Schwarz Black faux leather UK7 40 fetish sky pumps sandals high heels
- Badgley Mischka Mark & James Wos Shoes US9.5M Beige Patent Leather Pump Heel 83
- Pour la Victoire $195 BLACK Patent Leather 'RIN' Peep Toe Wedges Flat NEW ballet
- GIORGIO ARMANI - X1E564 CORALLO/NERO PIPED D'ORSAY PUMP SZ 8.5 RETAIL $675
- New in box! Casadei Strappy Glitter Platform Sandal - MRP $820
- Womens High Heel Ankle Strap Splice Color 2018 Summer Sandals Shoes Leather Hot
- Skechers Women's Rumblers-Glass Flowers-Rhinestone Multi-Strap Slide Wedge
- Reebok Women's Ros Workout TR 2-0 Cross-Trainer Shoe
- NIKE KD 8 Vinary, 749375-013, Black / White, Men's Basketball Shoes, Size 12
- Vans Vault OG Classic Slip-On 59 LX Checkerboard Black White Suede VN0A38FZQM6
- Merrell Tetrex Rapid Crest Black Grey Men Outdoors Hiking Water Shoes J12853
- Quiksilver Amphibian Plus Shoe - Grey / Blue / Black - New
- 2017 NIKE METCON 3 GREEN DIGITIAL CAMO Sz 14 852928 008 $130 DIGI CAMOUFLAGE
- NEW NIKE LEBRON XI DUNKMAN LOW 642849-200 VOLT OLIVE SOUTH BEACH SIZE 9 9.5 12
- adidas Gazelle Shoes Brown Men B41653
- RIHANNA X PUMA COLLAB FENTY TRAINER US 13
- NEW Nike Air Max 270 Black University Gold Hot Punch White AH8050-004 EU40-45
- OFF WHITE NIKE AIR MAX 97 BLACK UK SIZE 7.5 US 8.5 PRE ORDER
- Man's/Woman's Rocky Mobilite - Brown - Mens Every item described is available Highly praised and appreciated by the consumer audience renewed on time
- Rainbow Men's Grey Premier Leather Men X-large 11-12 B(M) US
You can tell this is an Internet meme that isn’t true because Corvettes have never had a back seat – 2 seats in front, that’s all.
Facebook bans those who appear to engage in hate speech or promoting acts of violence, and says it will ban those who may, in turn, make supportive comments about those who have been banned.
Social media companies want to act like an edited publication that is liable for its content while simultaneously saying they are like the telephone company which is not liable for the content carried over their network. Social media companies promote net neutrality to require third party Internet networks to carry their content unimpeded – while social media company’s simultaneously disable other people’s contents. This is a challenging problem.
The way to respond to accusations of fictional news reporting is to double down on accuracy, objectivity and remaining calm. Unfortunately, the news industry continues to harm itself through self destructive behavior typical of middle school drama, such as this fiasco from the NY Times.
Three glaring errors seen in main stream media over about a 24 hour span. Embarrassing. None of these examples should have occurred.
Police routinely ask Google to provide information about all phones within a neighborhood of a crime. This has resulted, in at least one example, of an innocent man arrested for murder. While released a week later, he was fired from his job – even though he was 100% innocent. Further, from the linked news article, Google retrains location information for potentially forever – we already know that Google collects location data even when you disable Location services.
For once, Facebook is honest? 🙂
Amazon staff listen to Alexa recorded audio but only an “extremely small number of interactions from a random set of customers”.
Facebook continues to claim they oppose discrimination in all forms, in spite of mountains of evidence showing they continue to discriminate based on age, gender and other attributes in their ad platform.
Social media promoters know that “outrage” leads to more views. That’s why conspiracy theories and other outrageous content flourish on social media – because they are watched.
UpGuard’s Cyber Risk team said Mexico City-based digital platform Cultura Colectiva openly stored 540 million records on Facebook users, including identification numbers, comments, reactions and account names. Another database, an app called At the Pool, listed names, passwords and email addresses of 22,000 people, UpGuard said. Source: Facebook removes exposed user records stored on Amazon’s servers | Reuters
Facebook’s advertising tools enabled advertising to target potential housing customers by “race, religion, familial status, disability” in order to exclude members of protected classes from renting or buying property.