RAND study find that news outlets have become less objective and more opinion and emotion-based. Television in particular tends to focus on personalities who talk about the news, versus objective reporting.
An academic study finds that Google steers news searches towards articles in left leaning publications versus to similar stories in right leaning publications. This is another post in our series about the influence that publishers and corporations (including social media) exert on public opinion.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Material:||Synthetic leather||US Shoe Size (Men's):||11|
|Euro Size:||EUR 45||Color:||White/silver|
Amazon, for some time, blocked advertisers from running ads that were said to contain “religious content”. This included gifts and clothing items with “biblical quotes and religious language”. Amazon has now announced this was done in error. This is another in our series of how large publishers and corporations use their online dominance to control online speech and thought.
- Sanita Dorthe Dea Black Patent Leather Mary Janes Women's Size 40 US
- Shellys London Elder Creeper Sneakers-Women's size 6 Black
- New Christian Louboutin Ares Flat Women's Shoes Espadrille Size 39 Tissu Jungle
- BEAUTIFUL ELIE TAHARI OPEN TOE SKIN WOMEN'S FLAT SHOE 8.5
- NEW Super Sexy Ellie Shoes Dreamer Hot 6" Stiletto with 2" Platform Black Size 8
- Jon josef Women´s Copa Natural Beige Leather and Patent Peep Toe Wedge size 9
- Ladies Irregular Choice Abigails Third Party Wedding Evening Mid Heels All Sizes
- $845 Valentino Women Leather High Heel 40
- New Women’s Teva Sandal 7.5 W New in Box
- Soludos Women's Braided Slide Sandal White Size 5.0
- JACK ROGERS Emilia Wedge Sandals Cork Platinum Gold Leather Heels Shoes 9 M
- Nike Lunarepic Low Flyknit Women's Running Shoes 843765 301 Size 10
- Onitsuka Tiger OC Runner Light Grey/Grey M11/W12.5
- New Balance Men's Vazee Urge v1 Running Shoes MURGEBK
- Nike Dunk SE Nano Grey/Del Sol-Retro 407609-001 Men's SZ 9.5
- New NIKE AIR VERSITILE 3 - 4430003 MEN'S Black/White/University Red Shoes c1
- NIKE AIR MAX LD-ZERO UNISEX SHOE - Summit White/Wolf Grey/Black Size 8.5
- [BD4602] Mens Reebok Shaq Attaq Modern Classics Basketball Sneaker - Yellow
- NEWTON FATE II 41-45 NEW kismet gravity motion colorado kona boco distance
- Replay Stone Scatto 1972 Navy Suede Mens Trainers Shoes
- Adidas EQT Support 93/17 Milled Leather Black BB1236 Sz 9.5
- YEEZY BELUGA V2 DS 12 US / 11.5 UK / 46 2/3 EU
- Allen Edmonds "VANCOUVER" Boots 10 D Brown FREE PRIORITY SHIPPING!
- Mens Large Size Ralph Lauren Polo Mytton Multi Color Shoes 17 D..353A
- Men Slip On Loafer Patent Leather Pointy Toe Nightclub Casual Rivets Shoes Flats
- Dockers Men's Parkway Plain Toe Derby Khaki Stretch Twill Oxfords
- Saint Laurent Wooly Soft Low Top Athletic Star Sneakers NIB
- To Boot New York Adam Derrick Rich Brown Loafers Men's Size 10.5 Dress Shoe
- NEW IN BOX WOMEN'S 6 6.5 ADIDAS ZESTRA W BLACK WHITE PINK SKATE SHOES AQ4795
- New Women Vans Authentic Black Skateboarding Shoes Classic Canvas size US 11.5
- adidas NEO Womens Cloudfoam QT Racer W Running-Shoes, Black Size 7US
- ara Women's Missy 36314 Walking Shoe
- New Nike Romaleos 3 Weightlifting Shoes White Women’s Size 9 878557-100
- Women Adidas DB1118 Alphabounce Beyond Running shoes white black Sneakers
- Nike WOMENS Air Foamposite One White/Chrome/Blue Tint SIZE 10 FITS MENS SIZE 8.5
- Jessica Simpson Mild calf Suede Boots Size-6 Black
- Vintage Women's Suede Fur Zipper High Heel Chunky Platform Shoes Ankle Boots
- Womens Slim Over Knee Boots Thigh Pointed Toe High Heels Stretchy Solid Suede L
- Naturalizer Women's Zakira Boot Tan 7.5 M US
- Free People Women Western Ankle Booties Alamo Sz 6 Tan Suede Heel Boots $178 NEW
- Frye 77851 Carmen 3 Strap Black Leather Motorcycle Riding Boots Women's Size 8
- NIB AQUAZZURA FIRENZE SASHA BLK SHORT ANKLE SUEDE FRINGE BOOTS BOOTIES SHOES 37
- NEW Mens WOODLANDS - CONTRACTOR Dress/FORMAL/CASUAL/WORK/SHOES CHEAP
- Skechers Bikers - Hot-Ticket, Womens Trainers, Beige NaturalTaupe, 6.5 39.5
- Womens Low Block heel Rivet Decor Side zip Round toe Casual Over Knee High boots
- Aquatalia Weatherproof Suede Boots Calf Combo High Heels Shoes Size 11M New NIB
- Gentlemen/Ladies Ladies Toggi Riding Boots Cayman-W main category Stylish and charming Popular tide shoes
- New Beltrami Serena Be Womens Shoes Casual Sandals Heeled
- Sam Edelman E8534L1 Womens Flynt Ballet Flat- Choose SZ/Color.
- Josef Seibel Women's Dany 01 Fashion Sneaker - Choose SZ/Color
- WOMENS MERRELL ALL OUT SHINE ll SPORT Vibram SIZE 11 J55212
- Aquazzura flats ballerina in black leather with pearls Size US 8.5 - ½
- Sexy Womens Fashion Kitten Heels Pointy Toe Bling Bling Slip on Rhinestone Shoes
- Demonia peep toe 4 1/2" eyeball zombie pumps
- Sexy two tone 5 3/4" sequins Mary Jane pumps
You can tell this is an Internet meme that isn’t true because Corvettes have never had a back seat – 2 seats in front, that’s all.
Facebook bans those who appear to engage in hate speech or promoting acts of violence, and says it will ban those who may, in turn, make supportive comments about those who have been banned.
Social media companies want to act like an edited publication that is liable for its content while simultaneously saying they are like the telephone company which is not liable for the content carried over their network. Social media companies promote net neutrality to require third party Internet networks to carry their content unimpeded – while social media company’s simultaneously disable other people’s contents. This is a challenging problem.
The way to respond to accusations of fictional news reporting is to double down on accuracy, objectivity and remaining calm. Unfortunately, the news industry continues to harm itself through self destructive behavior typical of middle school drama, such as this fiasco from the NY Times.
Three glaring errors seen in main stream media over about a 24 hour span. Embarrassing. None of these examples should have occurred.
Police routinely ask Google to provide information about all phones within a neighborhood of a crime. This has resulted, in at least one example, of an innocent man arrested for murder. While released a week later, he was fired from his job – even though he was 100% innocent. Further, from the linked news article, Google retrains location information for potentially forever – we already know that Google collects location data even when you disable Location services.
For once, Facebook is honest? 🙂
Amazon staff listen to Alexa recorded audio but only an “extremely small number of interactions from a random set of customers”.
Facebook continues to claim they oppose discrimination in all forms, in spite of mountains of evidence showing they continue to discriminate based on age, gender and other attributes in their ad platform.
Social media promoters know that “outrage” leads to more views. That’s why conspiracy theories and other outrageous content flourish on social media – because they are watched.
UpGuard’s Cyber Risk team said Mexico City-based digital platform Cultura Colectiva openly stored 540 million records on Facebook users, including identification numbers, comments, reactions and account names. Another database, an app called At the Pool, listed names, passwords and email addresses of 22,000 people, UpGuard said. Source: Facebook removes exposed user records stored on Amazon’s servers | Reuters
Facebook’s advertising tools enabled advertising to target potential housing customers by “race, religion, familial status, disability” in order to exclude members of protected classes from renting or buying property.