RAND study find that news outlets have become less objective and more opinion and emotion-based. Television in particular tends to focus on personalities who talk about the news, versus objective reporting.
An academic study finds that Google steers news searches towards articles in left leaning publications versus to similar stories in right leaning publications. This is another post in our series about the influence that publishers and corporations (including social media) exert on public opinion.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Width:||Medium (B, M)||Modified Item:||No|
|Color:||Gym Red/Sea Coral/Gum Light Brown/Gym Red||Style:||Fashion Sneakers|
Amazon, for some time, blocked advertisers from running ads that were said to contain “religious content”. This included gifts and clothing items with “biblical quotes and religious language”. Amazon has now announced this was done in error. This is another in our series of how large publishers and corporations use their online dominance to control online speech and thought.
- Womens Fly London Mes 2 Dark Brown Leather Mid Calf Ankle Ladies Flat Boots Size
- Nina Armando Jazz - Red Mid Low Heels
- Givenchy Tan Suede Flat Women's Shoes Made In Italy Size 7.5 / 38.5
- French Sole FS/NY Women's Bale Ballet Flat
- SANITA PROFESSIONAL SIZE 38 OFF WHITE IN NEW CONDITION LEATHER
- New Sperry STS82589 Seaside Weave Platinum Silver Women's Casual Shoes 6 US
- COLE HAAN Stephanie Black Zipper Accent Leather Platform Pumps 9B
- Fashion Womens Clear High Heels Open Toe High Top Boot Zipper Dacing Stage Shoes
- Naya Estra Coral Orange Leather Women's Wedge High Heels Sandals Size 7 M
- ZARA Leather Platform Block Heel Sandals Black US Women's Size 8 NWB
- Stella McCartney Mustard Yellow Embossed Ankle Strap Cork Wedges Size 9
- Dansko Women's Sandra Wedge Pump - Choose SZ/Color
- CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN Pigalle Plato 130 Patent Heels Pump Pearl Purple Shoe 39/8
- YELLOW BOX WOMENS SANDALS MARCY CLEAR SIZE 9.5
- New in Box Womens ECCO DAMARA ANKLE STRAP SANDAL DARK SHADOW/POWDER
- ECCO FTwear Womens Touch 25 Hooded Dress Sandal - Choose SZ/Color
- Gentlemen/Ladies Dirty Laundry Floral rain boots (Women) quality delicate Lightweight shoes
- Nike Men's Train Quick Ankle-High Cross Trainer Shoe
- ADIDAS AdiZero Prime Finesse 2 Sprint Track Spikes Shoes ORANGE New Mens 13
- Nike Air Force 1 '07 - CHOOSE SIZE - 315122-069 One Pale Grey Black Low Leather
- Nike Free Ace Leather Trainer Mens Shoe Size 12 White/Ghost Green/BLK 749627-100
You can tell this is an Internet meme that isn’t true because Corvettes have never had a back seat – 2 seats in front, that’s all.
Facebook bans those who appear to engage in hate speech or promoting acts of violence, and says it will ban those who may, in turn, make supportive comments about those who have been banned.
Social media companies want to act like an edited publication that is liable for its content while simultaneously saying they are like the telephone company which is not liable for the content carried over their network. Social media companies promote net neutrality to require third party Internet networks to carry their content unimpeded – while social media company’s simultaneously disable other people’s contents. This is a challenging problem.
The way to respond to accusations of fictional news reporting is to double down on accuracy, objectivity and remaining calm. Unfortunately, the news industry continues to harm itself through self destructive behavior typical of middle school drama, such as this fiasco from the NY Times.
Three glaring errors seen in main stream media over about a 24 hour span. Embarrassing. None of these examples should have occurred.
Police routinely ask Google to provide information about all phones within a neighborhood of a crime. This has resulted, in at least one example, of an innocent man arrested for murder. While released a week later, he was fired from his job – even though he was 100% innocent. Further, from the linked news article, Google retrains location information for potentially forever – we already know that Google collects location data even when you disable Location services.
For once, Facebook is honest? 🙂
Amazon staff listen to Alexa recorded audio but only an “extremely small number of interactions from a random set of customers”.
Facebook continues to claim they oppose discrimination in all forms, in spite of mountains of evidence showing they continue to discriminate based on age, gender and other attributes in their ad platform.
Social media promoters know that “outrage” leads to more views. That’s why conspiracy theories and other outrageous content flourish on social media – because they are watched.
UpGuard’s Cyber Risk team said Mexico City-based digital platform Cultura Colectiva openly stored 540 million records on Facebook users, including identification numbers, comments, reactions and account names. Another database, an app called At the Pool, listed names, passwords and email addresses of 22,000 people, UpGuard said. Source: Facebook removes exposed user records stored on Amazon’s servers | Reuters
Facebook’s advertising tools enabled advertising to target potential housing customers by “race, religion, familial status, disability” in order to exclude members of protected classes from renting or buying property.