RAND study find that news outlets have become less objective and more opinion and emotion-based. Television in particular tends to focus on personalities who talk about the news, versus objective reporting.
An academic study finds that Google steers news searches towards articles in left leaning publications versus to similar stories in right leaning publications. This is another post in our series about the influence that publishers and corporations (including social media) exert on public opinion.
|Condition:||New without box : |
A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) that is not in original packaging or may be missing original packaging materials (such as the original box or bag). The original tags may not be attached. For example, new shoes (with absolutely no signs of wear) that are no longer in their original box fall into this category. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes:||“Brand new, never , authentic sneakers! Please see photos for details.”|
|Brand:||adidas||Color:||Grey Core Black|
|Product Line:||adidas EQT, adidas Equipment Support, adidas Originals||Width:||Medium (D, M)|
|Model:||adidas EQT Support 93/17||Sub Style:||Cross Country, Road Running, Trail Running|
|Style:||Running Shoes||Shoe Height:||Low Top|
|Manufacturer Color:||Grey Core Black||MPN:||CQ2397|
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||10|
Amazon, for some time, blocked advertisers from running ads that were said to contain “religious content”. This included gifts and clothing items with “biblical quotes and religious language”. Amazon has now announced this was done in error. This is another in our series of how large publishers and corporations use their online dominance to control online speech and thought.
- NIB Tory Burch Size 7.5 Divine Bow Driver Leather Ballet Flats Silver $250 MSRP
- womens vogue embroider suede pointed toe fur trim flat shoes loafers casual 2018
- NEW! SANITA Brown Leather DENBY Cutout Cushioned Slip On Sz 10 EU40
- Jeffery Campbell Ibiza Wedge Strappy Leather Black Open Toe Size 6.5
- $110 CLARKS AMALI OPAL PLUM SUEDE SANDAL
- L.A.M.B. Kegan Taupe Leather Women's Fashion Heels Pumps Size 6.5 M
- Jessica Simpson JS-BELLONA Womens Bellona Dress Pump- Choose SZ/Color.
- Man/Woman NANA-BEIGE LEATHER SCANDALS-HEELS-3" INCHES, SIZE-8 Selling Settlement Price Elegant and robust menu
- Yves Saint Laurent Black Patent Leather High Heel Slingback Shoes Stilettos 5.5
- Christian Louboutin So Kate 120 Glitter Solaria Silver Heels Pumps 39.5 9.5
- Stylish Ankle Strap Wedge High Heel Womens Sandals Shoes Woven Suede Prom Date
- Nina 2876 Womens Samina Bow Open Toe Strappy Dress Sandals Heels BHFO
- COUTURE DONALD J PLINER COSTI EXPRESSO SHINE NAPPA SIZE 8 - ITALY
- NIB MEN SPERRY "GOLD CUP" PENNY LOAFER/BOAT SHOES/FOOTWEAR SIZE 7 BROWN
- Osiris Troma Redux Maxx242 Dead Man White Mens Trainers
- PUMA Men's Roma Anniversario Sneaker Black White 10 M US
- Adidas Men Sneakers Trainer NEW Running Shoes Energy Boost 3 Techfit Athletic
- NIKE AIR HUARACHE RUN PREMIUM SZ 10 GOLD RUSH KHAKI METALLIC GOLD 704830 201
- Nike Dunk Low Ex ID NYC black orange mens sneakers shoes sz 10M 2008 316894-072
- HOKA ONE ONE BONDI LTR MEN SPORT WIDE GREY US 9 2E ///3 /JP 27
- MEN’S NIKE EPIC REACT FLYKNIT BLACK WHITE RED ORBIT AQ0067 006 RUNNING sz 10
- NEW UNDER ARMOUR CURRY BACK TO BACK B2B MVP BLACK GOLD SHOE MEN SIZE 13 ONLY 2's
- Pointy Toe Rivet Motorcycle Military Outdoors High Top Mens Mid Calf Boots Shoes
- Gentleman/Lady Durango Men's Ddb0098 Western Boot Quality queen New style Different styles
- new $1420 DSQUARED2 Turkish Biker Moto Boot PREMIUM DESIGNER MADE IN ITALY
- Brand New Converse Mens shoes JP Johnny FS Hi Stretch Limo Size 46 BCF511
- Men's/Women's LACOSTE MENS M120 7-26SRM3064013-M120 Diverse new design real Reliable reputation
- Fashion Mens Stylish Tassels Pointed Toe Suede Loafers Cool Slip On Dress Shoes
- Fulinken Size 5-12 Vintage Real Leather Loafers Casual Dress Slip On Mens Shoes
- Skechers Sport Womens Synergy 2.0-Scouted Fashion Sneaker- Pick SZ/Color.
- Men's/Women's Guess sneakers size 10 We have won praise from our customers. Let our products go to the world A balance between toughness and hardness
- New Puma 188977 16 Fierce Core Paradise Pink Women's Training Shoes 8.5 US
- Nina Women's Tinsley Block Heel Pump True Black/Glitter Glam Suede Pumps
- Nike Women's AIR MAX 2014 Shoes Dark Grey/Mango 621078-003 a1
- 8 WMNS NIKE DUNK SKY HIGH ESSENTIAL PLATFORFORM SHOES BLACK REFLECT 644877 011
- ADIDAS BY STELLA MCCARTNEY WOMEN'S SHOES TRAINERS SNEAKERS NEW ULTRABOOST 23D
- Cole Haan Water Proof Black Pebble Ankle Boots Size 91/2 B
- NEW no box FRYE Women's Harness Strap 8R Boot Black Leather Size 8 M 77500
- Skechers Performance Women's Go Run Forza Los Ange - Choose SZ/color
- Alexander McQueen women's biker boots black size 6 (36) NEW
- Adidas Martial Arts Trainers 'Adi Kick I' Karate Taekwondo Shoes White Training
- Man/Woman Enzo Angiolini Sinley Women's Zip Boots fashion Clearance Direct business
- NEW Via Spiga Futura Wedge Bootie, Black Leather, Women Size 10 M, $295
- Womens Sexy PU Leather Open Toe Rivet Buckle Nightclub Knee High Boots Shoes New
- Easy Spirit Women's Kallye2 Slip-On Loafer, - Choose SZ/color
You can tell this is an Internet meme that isn’t true because Corvettes have never had a back seat – 2 seats in front, that’s all.
Facebook bans those who appear to engage in hate speech or promoting acts of violence, and says it will ban those who may, in turn, make supportive comments about those who have been banned.
Social media companies want to act like an edited publication that is liable for its content while simultaneously saying they are like the telephone company which is not liable for the content carried over their network. Social media companies promote net neutrality to require third party Internet networks to carry their content unimpeded – while social media company’s simultaneously disable other people’s contents. This is a challenging problem.
The way to respond to accusations of fictional news reporting is to double down on accuracy, objectivity and remaining calm. Unfortunately, the news industry continues to harm itself through self destructive behavior typical of middle school drama, such as this fiasco from the NY Times.
Three glaring errors seen in main stream media over about a 24 hour span. Embarrassing. None of these examples should have occurred.
Police routinely ask Google to provide information about all phones within a neighborhood of a crime. This has resulted, in at least one example, of an innocent man arrested for murder. While released a week later, he was fired from his job – even though he was 100% innocent. Further, from the linked news article, Google retrains location information for potentially forever – we already know that Google collects location data even when you disable Location services.
For once, Facebook is honest? 🙂
Amazon staff listen to Alexa recorded audio but only an “extremely small number of interactions from a random set of customers”.
Facebook continues to claim they oppose discrimination in all forms, in spite of mountains of evidence showing they continue to discriminate based on age, gender and other attributes in their ad platform.
Social media promoters know that “outrage” leads to more views. That’s why conspiracy theories and other outrageous content flourish on social media – because they are watched.
UpGuard’s Cyber Risk team said Mexico City-based digital platform Cultura Colectiva openly stored 540 million records on Facebook users, including identification numbers, comments, reactions and account names. Another database, an app called At the Pool, listed names, passwords and email addresses of 22,000 people, UpGuard said. Source: Facebook removes exposed user records stored on Amazon’s servers | Reuters
Facebook’s advertising tools enabled advertising to target potential housing customers by “race, religion, familial status, disability” in order to exclude members of protected classes from renting or buying property.