RAND study find that news outlets have become less objective and more opinion and emotion-based. Television in particular tends to focus on personalities who talk about the news, versus objective reporting.
An academic study finds that Google steers news searches towards articles in left leaning publications versus to similar stories in right leaning publications. This is another post in our series about the influence that publishers and corporations (including social media) exert on public opinion.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Width:||Medium (D, M)||Type:||High Top|
|Pattern:||Solid||Model:||Nike SB Dunk|
|Shoe Height:||High Top||Product Line:||SB|
|Color:||University Red/ University Red||Material:||Patent Leather|
Amazon, for some time, blocked advertisers from running ads that were said to contain “religious content”. This included gifts and clothing items with “biblical quotes and religious language”. Amazon has now announced this was done in error. This is another in our series of how large publishers and corporations use their online dominance to control online speech and thought.
- Adriana Heel - High Heel/Italian leather Made in Europe New
- Steve Madden JESSY Slide Flats Sandals Black Women Size 9.5
- Vionic Gem Posey Ballet Flat Black 9.5M
- Z-CoiL Men's Toffler Slip Resistant Black Leather Clog Sandal 9 E US
- David Tate Women's Sorento Black/Red Flat 12 M (B)
- Donald Pliner Couture 9M Animal Print Ankle Strap Pumps Italy
- DREAM PAIRS Women's Lowpointed Low Heel Dress Pump Shoes Gold Glitter 8 M US
- ERIC MICHAEL Brown Slingback Ankle Buckle Espadrille Wedge Sandals Sz 39 B4215
- Diane Von Furstenberg Viola Too Sandals/Heels (1151) Gold Size 9.5
- Gentlemen/Ladies Rachel Zoe Leighton Suede Mule Strong heat and wear resistance discount price Elegant and stable packaging
- Christian Dior Fuchsia Satin Platform Open-toe Heels
- NEW FENDI FENDISSIMA FF LOGO PEEP TOE PLATFORM SHOES 9½
- Women's Rhinestone Sandals Pearl Mid Geometric Heel Shoes Sequins Party Chz18
- SAM EDELMAN Shae Coral Suede ESPADRILLES Sandals w Multi Beads US 6
- Man's/Woman's See by Chloe Tiny Wedge Clearance price Make full use of materials Excellent workmanship
- Dickies Athletic Skate - Black - Mens
- NIKE Air Diamond Turf Oregon Ducks Apple Green Black 309434302DS Size 9
- Asics running shoes gel-lyte iii size 9.5 us men tropical green new with box
- Adidas EQT Support RF BA7507 Men's Off White Primeknit Lifestyle Fashion Size 8
- Nike Air Zoom Penny 1/2 Cent Half Size 10.5 Sneakers Shoes Hardaway Foamposite
- adidas CG4277-11.5 Matchcourt Skate Shoes - White/Gold Metallic/Ice Blue Mens
- Men’s Nike Shox Gravity “Bred” Size-10.5 Black Whole Red Grey (AR1999 006)
- ADIDAS HARDEN LS 2 BUCKLE SZ 12 OLIVE WHITE BLACK BOOST AQ0020
- Nike Air Max 97 Men's Sneakers Bronze Shoes Sneakers Leisure 921826-200 New
- RICK OWENS PONY HAIR HIGH TOP SNEAKERS LEATHER
- Mr/Ms Ariat Midtown Rambler Boot - Men's Wear resistant Wholesale trade Rich on-time delivery
- fashion men's slip on loafers punk suede rivet studded casual dress shoes
- MNX15 Men's Elevator Shoes WILSON NAVY Height Increase 6cm by FedEx Fast Ship
You can tell this is an Internet meme that isn’t true because Corvettes have never had a back seat – 2 seats in front, that’s all.
Facebook bans those who appear to engage in hate speech or promoting acts of violence, and says it will ban those who may, in turn, make supportive comments about those who have been banned.
Social media companies want to act like an edited publication that is liable for its content while simultaneously saying they are like the telephone company which is not liable for the content carried over their network. Social media companies promote net neutrality to require third party Internet networks to carry their content unimpeded – while social media company’s simultaneously disable other people’s contents. This is a challenging problem.
The way to respond to accusations of fictional news reporting is to double down on accuracy, objectivity and remaining calm. Unfortunately, the news industry continues to harm itself through self destructive behavior typical of middle school drama, such as this fiasco from the NY Times.
Three glaring errors seen in main stream media over about a 24 hour span. Embarrassing. None of these examples should have occurred.
Police routinely ask Google to provide information about all phones within a neighborhood of a crime. This has resulted, in at least one example, of an innocent man arrested for murder. While released a week later, he was fired from his job – even though he was 100% innocent. Further, from the linked news article, Google retrains location information for potentially forever – we already know that Google collects location data even when you disable Location services.
For once, Facebook is honest? 🙂
Amazon staff listen to Alexa recorded audio but only an “extremely small number of interactions from a random set of customers”.
Facebook continues to claim they oppose discrimination in all forms, in spite of mountains of evidence showing they continue to discriminate based on age, gender and other attributes in their ad platform.
Social media promoters know that “outrage” leads to more views. That’s why conspiracy theories and other outrageous content flourish on social media – because they are watched.
UpGuard’s Cyber Risk team said Mexico City-based digital platform Cultura Colectiva openly stored 540 million records on Facebook users, including identification numbers, comments, reactions and account names. Another database, an app called At the Pool, listed names, passwords and email addresses of 22,000 people, UpGuard said. Source: Facebook removes exposed user records stored on Amazon’s servers | Reuters
Facebook’s advertising tools enabled advertising to target potential housing customers by “race, religion, familial status, disability” in order to exclude members of protected classes from renting or buying property.