RAND study find that news outlets have become less objective and more opinion and emotion-based. Television in particular tends to focus on personalities who talk about the news, versus objective reporting.
An academic study finds that Google steers news searches towards articles in left leaning publications versus to similar stories in right leaning publications. This is another post in our series about the influence that publishers and corporations (including social media) exert on public opinion.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|MPN:||NA||Country/Region of Manufacture:||Japan|
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||6||UPC:||Dose Not Apply|
Amazon, for some time, blocked advertisers from running ads that were said to contain “religious content”. This included gifts and clothing items with “biblical quotes and religious language”. Amazon has now announced this was done in error. This is another in our series of how large publishers and corporations use their online dominance to control online speech and thought.
- NEW MARC JACOBS MULTI-COLOR TAFFITA BRONZE TIE ROPE ESPADRILLE WEDGE SANDALS 40
- GIANVITO ROSSI Plexi Pumps - Black Size: 38 RRP: $954 BNIB
- $298 size 6.5 Stuart Weitzman Keywest Gold Wedge Strappy Slingback Sandals Shoe
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Platform- Black/Black- SKUC - SIZES: US 8
- 40919 slipper sabot blue jeans soft plantar tearing memory Riposella
- 819163-012 Air Jordan Super Fly 4 PO Black & Red
- SUPRA VAIDER LC BLACK ATHLETIC RED WHITE MEN SHOES SIZE 12
- UNDER ARMOUR SPEEDFORM SLINGSHOT 2 MEN'S RUNNING SHOES SIZE 11 BLACK
- Converse Chuck Taylor High Top Union Jack British Flag Mens Size 4.5 149497F New
- HOKA ONE ONE ARAHI MIDNIGHT NAVY METALLIC SPORTS RUNNING SHOES SIZE US 9 MENS
- Skechers Men's Work Relaxed Fit Flex Advantage Bendon SR Sneaker Black
- NIKE Men's Roshe Tiempo VI QS University Red/White Leather SIZE 10
- ONEMIX Men's Lightweight Air Cushion Sport Running Shoes
- 1802 adidas Harden Vol. 2 Men's Basketball Shoes AH2217
- 100% Authentic Adidas Yeezy Boost V2 Black / Green size 8US
- Kenneth Cole REACTION Men's Daxten Fashion Boot - Choose SZ/Color
- Men's Kustom Kramer All Black Divide Canvas Shoes. Size 8-13. NIB, RRP $79.99.
- NEW BALANCE 212 NAVY BLUE / YELLOW NM212CM SKATEBOARD NEW SHOE FREE POSTAGE SKAT
- Stacy Adams Men's Nesbit Moc-Toe Slip-On Loafer, Navy 11 M
- New. LOEWE Multi-Color Suede Leather Espadrilles Shoes Size 7 US 40 EU $450
- New Warfield & Grand Cap-Toe Leather Oxford. Size 10.
- Zumba Street Elevate High Ankle Support Shoes - Black/Pink A1F00064
- NWOB Nike Women's Lunarglide H20 7 Flash Running Shoes 803567-500 Sz 6.5 Purple
- Nike Presto Fly GS Running Kids Womens Shoes Air Prism Pink 913967-600
- NIKE ROSHE RUN KJCRD Bronz/Blk/Sail/Wht WOMEN'S SZ 7 NEW 705217-700 AIR MAX QS
- PUMA WOMAN SPORTS SNEAKER SHOES NEOPRENE CODE 190136 FIERCE ROPE VR
- Nike Air More Uptempo Mint Womens 917593-300 Barely Green White Size 12
- Nike Zoom Kynsi JCRD WP Black/Hematite-Dark Grey-Anthracite 806978-001 SZ 6.5
- Boohoo Womens Peeptoe Croc Effect Shoe Boots
- Man's/Woman's Frye Dorado Comfortable feeling fashionable Export
- Frye Molly Gore Riding Boot 8 Black Stretch Panel PERFECT CONDITION
- DONALD J PLINER Womens 'Envy' Beige Leather Knee High Boots Sz 6 M
- Schutz Fadhila Wood Brown Pointed Toe Single Sole Designer Dress Ankle Bootie
- Women's Fashion Leather Pointy Toe Transparent Heels High Top Ankle Boots Shoes
- Steve Madden Womens Aviaa Fashion Boot Shoe, Brown Leather, US 7
- NEW WOMEN'S GEORGIA BOOT LOGGER WORK BOOT (GB00057) 7 MEDIUM $140
You can tell this is an Internet meme that isn’t true because Corvettes have never had a back seat – 2 seats in front, that’s all.
Facebook bans those who appear to engage in hate speech or promoting acts of violence, and says it will ban those who may, in turn, make supportive comments about those who have been banned.
Social media companies want to act like an edited publication that is liable for its content while simultaneously saying they are like the telephone company which is not liable for the content carried over their network. Social media companies promote net neutrality to require third party Internet networks to carry their content unimpeded – while social media company’s simultaneously disable other people’s contents. This is a challenging problem.
The way to respond to accusations of fictional news reporting is to double down on accuracy, objectivity and remaining calm. Unfortunately, the news industry continues to harm itself through self destructive behavior typical of middle school drama, such as this fiasco from the NY Times.
Three glaring errors seen in main stream media over about a 24 hour span. Embarrassing. None of these examples should have occurred.
Police routinely ask Google to provide information about all phones within a neighborhood of a crime. This has resulted, in at least one example, of an innocent man arrested for murder. While released a week later, he was fired from his job – even though he was 100% innocent. Further, from the linked news article, Google retrains location information for potentially forever – we already know that Google collects location data even when you disable Location services.
For once, Facebook is honest? 🙂
Amazon staff listen to Alexa recorded audio but only an “extremely small number of interactions from a random set of customers”.
Facebook continues to claim they oppose discrimination in all forms, in spite of mountains of evidence showing they continue to discriminate based on age, gender and other attributes in their ad platform.
Social media promoters know that “outrage” leads to more views. That’s why conspiracy theories and other outrageous content flourish on social media – because they are watched.
UpGuard’s Cyber Risk team said Mexico City-based digital platform Cultura Colectiva openly stored 540 million records on Facebook users, including identification numbers, comments, reactions and account names. Another database, an app called At the Pool, listed names, passwords and email addresses of 22,000 people, UpGuard said. Source: Facebook removes exposed user records stored on Amazon’s servers | Reuters
Facebook’s advertising tools enabled advertising to target potential housing customers by “race, religion, familial status, disability” in order to exclude members of protected classes from renting or buying property.