RAND study find that news outlets have become less objective and more opinion and emotion-based. Television in particular tends to focus on personalities who talk about the news, versus objective reporting.
An academic study finds that Google steers news searches towards articles in left leaning publications versus to similar stories in right leaning publications. This is another post in our series about the influence that publishers and corporations (including social media) exert on public opinion.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|US Shoe Size (Women's):||7||Style:||Slides|
|Occasion:||Casual||MPN:||Does Not Apply|
|Pattern:||Solid||Width:||Medium (B, M)|
|Country/Region of Manufacture:||Italy||Color:||Pink|
|Size Type:||Regular||UPC:||Does not apply|
Amazon, for some time, blocked advertisers from running ads that were said to contain “religious content”. This included gifts and clothing items with “biblical quotes and religious language”. Amazon has now announced this was done in error. This is another in our series of how large publishers and corporations use their online dominance to control online speech and thought.
- YVES SAINT LAURENT YSL "Divine 85" Purple Eel Skin Slingback Platform Pumps 40
- Mr/Ms Teva Women's Original Sandal Quality products The latest technology Excellent function
- Guess Peri Tie Up Ankle Strap Heeled Sandals 873, Black, 7 US
- Vizsla Dog Running Shoes For Women-Free Shipping
- Men/Women Brooks PureGrit 6 Women's 7.5B quality Elegant and sturdy packaging Very practical
- Converse Mens Size 11 CTAS Hi Black Brown White Shoes Sneakers Knit
- NEW Converse Jack Purcell Tumbled Leather Low Shoes Mens 10.5 Navy Egret $110
- Skechers 55200 BKW GOrun Ride 7 Black White Men's Running Shoes
- Mens Nike Air Force 270 AH6772-004 Black/Hyper Crimson Brand New Size 13
- NIKE AIR MAX PRIME 876068 102 WHITE/SIREN RED (PINK)-ORANGE-BLACK - LEATHER/MESH
- Vibram Men's V-Alpha Military Hiking Shoe - Choose SZ/Color
- Man's/Woman's adidas Deerupt Black White Long-term reputation Online export store Different styles
- Gentlemen/Ladies Puma x Ronnie Fieg Cove Disks Quality queen King of quantity classic style
- NEW AIR JORDAN 1 RETRO HIGH OG GRAPE GATORADE SHOE ONE AJ5997-555 MEN SIZE 8
- Adidas Nmd CS1 PK Black/blue Us Men's Size 6.5, Women's 7.5.
- Sneaky Steve Slayer Mens Beige Leather Chukka Boots
- Ted Baker Men's Lowpez Chelsea Boot - Choose SZ/Color
- Rockport Men’s ITW Moc Toe Chololate Leather Oxford Size 8.5M D1264/
- NWB Cole Haan Grand Crosscourt White Mesh Knit Sneakers Mens Shoes 11 NEW
- DS NIKE 2011 UNRELEASED SAMPLE AIR MAX 90 HEMP 9 INFRARED HYPERFUSEATMOS 1 CAMO
- Mens Formal Carved Leather Brogues Kobe Tan Oxfords Retro Chunky Heels British
- Men/Women Steve Madden Men's Clarity Slip-On Loafer superior Latest styles various kinds
- Womens Converse Ctas HI Pomegranate Canvas Floral Shoes Blue Red Sz 6 (158547F)
- Red Wing Aluminum Toe Electrical Grade Hiking Work Sneaker Shoes Women's 7 D
- Man's/Woman's New Balance W530BNA Navy Fine workmanship First grade in its class Personalization trend
- Nike iD Air Force 1 Hi Premium Pendleton Women’s Size 10 Olive/Gum (AJ4761 994)
- Nike Air Max 95 Premium PRM Womens Running Cross Training Shoes Black Size 11
- ISABEL MARANT Bekett Wedge Sneakers Trainers boots, UK3 36 New
- Sexy Square High Heel Knee High Boots
- new AUSTRALIA LUXE 'Sinbad' sand canvas boots wrapped leather belt 5 - HOT
- Walking Cradles Women's Zenith Brown Leather Ankle Boots
- Lucchese HL4501.04 Adina Womens Black Burnishd Calf Leather Cowboy Western Boots
- Manuela Ankle Boots Sz 36 Made In Italy
- BC Footwear Women's Rebellion Ii Ankle Bootie, Taupe, 9.5 M US
- Harley Davidson leather riding boots Women size 8 EUC Buckles Zipper front
- Bogs Women's North Hampton Solid Waterproof Insulated Boot
You can tell this is an Internet meme that isn’t true because Corvettes have never had a back seat – 2 seats in front, that’s all.
Facebook bans those who appear to engage in hate speech or promoting acts of violence, and says it will ban those who may, in turn, make supportive comments about those who have been banned.
Social media companies want to act like an edited publication that is liable for its content while simultaneously saying they are like the telephone company which is not liable for the content carried over their network. Social media companies promote net neutrality to require third party Internet networks to carry their content unimpeded – while social media company’s simultaneously disable other people’s contents. This is a challenging problem.
The way to respond to accusations of fictional news reporting is to double down on accuracy, objectivity and remaining calm. Unfortunately, the news industry continues to harm itself through self destructive behavior typical of middle school drama, such as this fiasco from the NY Times.
Three glaring errors seen in main stream media over about a 24 hour span. Embarrassing. None of these examples should have occurred.
Police routinely ask Google to provide information about all phones within a neighborhood of a crime. This has resulted, in at least one example, of an innocent man arrested for murder. While released a week later, he was fired from his job – even though he was 100% innocent. Further, from the linked news article, Google retrains location information for potentially forever – we already know that Google collects location data even when you disable Location services.
For once, Facebook is honest? 🙂
Amazon staff listen to Alexa recorded audio but only an “extremely small number of interactions from a random set of customers”.
Facebook continues to claim they oppose discrimination in all forms, in spite of mountains of evidence showing they continue to discriminate based on age, gender and other attributes in their ad platform.
Social media promoters know that “outrage” leads to more views. That’s why conspiracy theories and other outrageous content flourish on social media – because they are watched.
UpGuard’s Cyber Risk team said Mexico City-based digital platform Cultura Colectiva openly stored 540 million records on Facebook users, including identification numbers, comments, reactions and account names. Another database, an app called At the Pool, listed names, passwords and email addresses of 22,000 people, UpGuard said. Source: Facebook removes exposed user records stored on Amazon’s servers | Reuters
Facebook’s advertising tools enabled advertising to target potential housing customers by “race, religion, familial status, disability” in order to exclude members of protected classes from renting or buying property.